CBR1100XX.org Forum

Full System or Slip On

oswald900

Looking for a bit of advice

Im seriously looking at getting a 05 XX but was wondering what brands do slip ons and full sytems ?

Changing the exhaust does the XX have to be remapped then and does it have and sensors in the mufflers ?

Any help would be great

Cheers

Looking for a bit of advice

Im seriously looking at getting a 05 XX but was wondering what brands do slip ons and full sytems ?

Changing the exhaust does the XX have to be remapped then and does it have and sensors in the mufflers ?

Any help would be great

Cheers

Depends what you are looking for, if you just looking for some sound then slip ons are fine. If you actually want some performance increase then go with a full system, you will need to get a power commander and find a GOOD tuner to build you a map. For the slip ons I would get a PC as well, because with out one the bike may run leaner than it already does, which can be lean in the first place...

my .02

If you want performance then go with the full system, 4 into 1. Not only is a full system better than stock pipes, but it also shaves off like 20 lbs ... but pipes alone aren't going to get the most of the bike ... get a power commander and possibly a K&N air filter, then get it dyno tuned to get the most out of it and richen it up.

Being that the XX has two cans, most slip-ons cost as much or more than a single sided full system. Add the performance and weight benefits of a full system and it's a no brainer to me, unless you're particularly fond of the dual pipes- which I totally get as I was kind or torn about going to a single can on mine.

Oher cons to going full system are, as mentioned, the need for a PCII/III or simliar tuning device, and paying for a proper tune if you really want the most out of it. I'm running Dynojet's free Akra/stock air filter map on mine and am happy with it for now, so tuning isn't a must, IMO.

No o2 sensor on any 49 state models, and only '02 and after in CA, if I remember correctly.