CBR1100XX.org Forum

Engine oil ----Shell

ios1176

My odometer shows 6000 km and as far as I am concerned it's about the time to replace the oil & filter.

Despite the fact that Honda Owners Manual sugests change on 1000km than 12000 km than 24000km I decided to do it on every 6000 km from now on.

I was recomended Shell Advance SX 4, 15W-50, API performance SG-Synthetic fortified motorcycle engine oil .....

Any ideas obout this or any other quality oil for my 2005 BB?

Thanks.

I use unfiltered secretions from skunk glands. In a pinch, I'll squeeze a ferret. Good for about 500km, before I need to find another ferret.

:icon_clap:

I use unfiltered secretions from skunk glands. In a pinch, I'll squeeze a ferret. Good for about 500km, before I need to find another ferret.

:icon_clap:

Fine for you, but we don't have skunks, and ferrets are illegal in Queensland Australia. Any other suggestions? Kangaroos aren’t very oily. Please help. :icon_shifty:

I have heard that the Platapus is very oily. However you must get the extended wear Platapus since they are rare.

Can't say for sure. Each time I try to go to OZ I am told that I am not allowed. Their standards are much higher than mine. :icon_redface:

Now I know you're joking. If I asked my wife to "Plait her Puss" I'll be in big trouble. I'm not that stupid :icon_snooty:

...and why aren't you allowed to come here? Do you go around trying to :icon_evilgrin: .....no I won't go there!

You're always welcome as far as I'm concerned, especially if you bring some Skunk or Ferret oil with you.

wd 40.

i use honda 10w40 change every 2500 miles and filter.guess i'm just a freek about my bird.

I've used a 50-50 mixture of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Mazola oil and have gotten excellent results. Shifts are extremely smooth, too. I've got 38K on my Bird and I haven't changed the oil or filter yet. Doesn't get much better than this.......... :icon_clap: :icon_clap:

My friend in New South Wales told me that OZ was used as a penal colony early on. He said I probably could not live up to that standard. :icon_rolleyes:

Have had work related trips scheduled twice, but always got bumped by senior engineers. :icon_sad:

A real answer to oil for me is Mobil One synthetic, changed every 3000 miles. They have just changed the blend again, so that may change.

I have never met anyone from down under that did not enjoy life, and drank me under the table. It is a place that I intend to visit before I die.

I think the best you can do is change with a good quality oil and change often.

Assuming that is there are not Platapus available today. :icon_twisted:

I think olive oil is fine for Ducatis, but I wouldn't run it in my Honda.

Use wok oil.

J.

:icon_lmao: :icon_funnysign:

i think i wet myself a little i was laughing so hard at this.....

My friend in New South Wales told me that OZ was used as a penal colony early on. He said I probably could not live up to that standard. :icon_rolleyes:

Have had work related trips scheduled twice, but always got bumped by senior engineers. :icon_sad:

A real answer to oil for me is Mobil One synthetic, changed every 3000 miles. They have just changed the blend again, so that may change.

I have never met anyone from down under that did not enjoy life, and drank me under the table. It is a place that I intend to visit before I die.

I think the best you can do is change with a good quality oil and change often.

Assuming that is there are not Platapus available today. :icon_twisted:

1. Nope, no platapus. :icon_frown:

2. Sydney was used as a penal colony :icon_naughty: . The kicked the bad ones they couldn't handle out...up to Queensland, the sunshine state. Give Sydney a miss and come to Brisbane :icon_angel: . We'll look after you. Seriously, It's a great place.

3. Senior anything's are bad.

4. I use Motul 3000 (Mineral) 20/50 but mine is still relatively new, 16,000ks.

I think the Mobil 1 without the friction modifers is the best choice, especially as the Bird run a little hot. Synthetic handles the heat better.

• 1 month later...