CBR1100XX.org Forum

Another Spiegler opportunity?

Toynut

I just ordered a set of Convertibars for my XX. :icon_dance:

I figured I might as well do the entire bike with new S/S lines instead of just the + 2 inch longer uppers that they can supply. I was wondering if there would be enough interest for a repeat opportunity to buy a complete kit at the right price?

Anyone care to get a new opportunity started? :icon_think:

I can only guess that WC set up the last one! :icon_whistle:

I'd be interested, at least at the right price. I'm not sure what the full system ran, when it was last up for grabs, though.

It's not the highest priority, ATM, though. (gotta fix plastics... :icon_redface: )

Well, I've gotten so bad that I just say yes to group buys, so I'd be interested at the right price, but it's not a real priority for me right now.

I'd also want to have a kit that replaced pretty much everything in the XX brake line tangle, bolted up to the various master cylinders and proportioners with appropriate fittings and if possible, retained most of the steel lines.

I wonder if we can get Dale to get the Spiegler folks to extend us another chance?

Their normal price is about $440 for the Brake lines and about $75 more for the clutch line kit. The Group Buy deal was a substantial improvement at under $300. It was also an excuse to buy/install a set of speed bleeders.

Common Warchild, we need a negotiator to get things rolling! :icon_clap:

I would be interested in the whole system...

from the others I have talked to changing the lines makes a pretty huge difference in the feel of the bike..

Those old rubber bumpers we are running for stocks swell alot from what I hear...

hehe I said SWELL!!!!!

from the others I have talked to changing the lines makes a pretty huge difference in the feel of the bike..

Those old rubber bumpers we are running for stocks swell alot from what I hear...

hehe I said SWELL!!!!!

Shit Pete you got to witness how well they work :icon_eek:

It takes a few hours to get them on and get them right, but they are worth it.

Mike at CTS Moto can get Speigler, maybe he can hook you guys up.

hehe I said SWELL!!!!!

+1

If I recall correctly, I think that Dale (Warchild) had used Gary at University Motors as the order fulfillment center for the FJR group buy. I think that this forum group has a good relationship with him as well. I'm not sure how many kits are required to make the deal happen, but since I have 2 '03 XX's, I would be willing to buy a second kit for my mint 0-mile bike just in case I may want to install it one day. :icon_evilgrin: It could help bring our count up for the required purchase volume. :icon_cool:

You are all going to need brake /clutch hoses sooner or later, might as well buy them right! :icon_whistle:

Come on Dale, help make this happen, one more time!

Dale,

Your efforts are always appreciated, and we are all thankful for your research and efforts, honest! :icon_clap: :icon_clap: :icon_clap:

It just that, since this particular "Group Buy" has already been done before, and the details have already been worked out, then I hoped a "repeat opportunity" would not be as onerous.

Not trying to minimize the efforts involved at all, really. I thought that a placing a few calls, and reposting pretty much the same information, would let us help the great American economy, once again!

Thank You for your consideration, WC!!! :icon_hail::icon_hail:

Dale,

Your efforts are always appreciated, and we are all thankful for your research and efforts, honest! :icon_clap: :icon_clap: :icon_clap:

It just that, since this particular "Group Buy" has already been done before, and the details have already been worked out, then I hoped a "repeat opportunity" would not be as onerous.

Not trying to minimize the efforts involved at all, really. I thought that a placing a few calls, and reposting pretty much the same information, would let us help the great American economy, once again!

Thank You for your consideration, WC!!! :icon_hail::icon_hail:

+1

Damn, guys, I am behind getting the Traxxion and Pro-Oiler GBs rolling as it is now!!! :icon_evil:

...and???? Don't worry about the Traxxion GB, the Pro-Oiler is the important one. :icon_biggrin:

Seriously....any news?

I wouldn't hold my breath on another Spiegler group buy. The owner of the company was in my dad's shop this week, and saw my 'bird on the lift table. He said he remembered the group buy, and when he learned how much trouble it turned out to be, and how pissed off it made his other distributors, he decided he wasn't doing any more of them.

From a purely business perspective, when there is a competitive alternative to a manufacturers product (i.e. Galfer, Goodrich, Aeroquip, etc.), the opportunity to fulfill a large, high volume, yet still profitable order,THAT IS HANDED TO YOU WITH LITTLE SALES EFFORT OR COST ON YOUR PART, is rarely one that is turned down. If the price is right, the ability to garner NEW business prospects from peolple who would otherwise probably NOT consider you as an option, are not to be dismissed lightly, in spite of current distribution agreements. :icon_think:

Remember, this is all NEW BUSINESS, that will probably NOT be there were it not for a group concensus!

There are few business opportunities that are being handed out like that regularly in an ELECTIVE purchase situation. Again, I seem to recall that the FJR Forum group buy (Spiegler/ABM/ Brake friction), resulted in a +$100,000 order for the vendor! I think that any vendor would be justified in turning a good business proposal down! Remember , we purchased the product through a legitimate ditributor, to maintain consistency in the distribution channel.

Just my two cents!

If the Speigler guy is not interested, you guys might consider CycleBrakes.com for Galfer lines. Melissa offered good pricing for lines when I tried to set up the Galfer rotor/pad/lines group buy. She might consider it again if you contact her.

If the Speigler guy is not interested, you guys might consider CycleBrakes.com for Galfer lines. Melissa offered good pricing for lines when I tried to set up the Galfer rotor/pad/lines group buy. She might consider it again if you contact her.

I'm in for the Galfer lines if there is a GB.

I have no preferences as to the vendor, either. Whatever Vendor is willing to work with us as is as important to the GB as the brand. I'm sure that other than minor cosmetic differences, the functionality and fit between the major brands is quite simular. I think that WC has had some experience installing Galfers in the past, it's quite possible that some forum members have installed Goodrich SS lines, as well.

BTW, I am an automotive parts wholesaler. Order volume speaks very loudly. I know a large size order, particularily in this category, WILL get someone's attention!

Hope Dale chimes in again, soon. :icon_whistle:

Hi guys,

While we are waiting for our ever-resoursful, (and tireless) benevolent benefactor(WC), to consider a repeat GB...... Would there be any objections among the forum members if I was to make any inquiry about a GB on S/S lines?

I can try to contact a couple of vendors myself, (I do not have any current business relationship with any of them), or as an option, I have had some business dealings with a local respected company called Detroit Flexible Metal, which uses Aeroquip and Russel components and could possibly make kits to order.

Obviously, the color choices may be limited, and I will have to make sure that they are competitive.

I do need some input on target pricing.

I take it that all years of XX use the same hose configurations?

Kindly fill me in if otherwise.

I'm just trying to keep this thread alive if there is an interest.

Go for it. I'm sure Dale would appreciate your efforts. I don't care for brands either, except HEL cuz they don't fit for shit and the colors on the banjos flake off.

All years of birds are the same, and as I said earlier the Speigler 9-line kit in standard length and your choice of colors was about $260.