CBR1100XX.org Forum

Okay, Time For the Chain & Sprockets

Cossi

Okay, I did a search, and it was like doing a search on oil or tires. I am going to keep this very simple. I am would like to keep the front stock. But would like to make the adjustment for my speedo error. I understand that the 18T front would do that, but I am thinking if I keep the front stock and go +3 in the rear it would do about the same. What chain do I need, I would prefer either gold, or nickel (gotta have a little bling), and rear sprocket, would like a gold, or silver as well. Oh yeah, and I would like to keep it pretty reasonably priced.

So what ya got? What do I need to buy?

And remember....K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid)

I think you have something backwards. Adding one tooth to the front should be the same as going -3 on the rear give or take.

Why would you want to go throw the trouble of changing the rear if you can just swap the front and not worry about changing the chain size?

I think you have something backwards. Adding one tooth to the front should be the same as going -3 on the rear give or take.

Why would you want to go throw the trouble of changing the rear if you can just swap the front and not worry about changing the chain size?

I want to stay stock sprocket on the front, so that I can have the rubber damper on the front. If tha tis the case scratch it, and I will go outside of stock and just go the least expensive route. I may go with the 18 on the fron and not worry about the rubber damper.

I want to stay stock sprocket on the front, so that I can have the rubber damper on the front. If tha tis the case scratch it, and I will go outside of stock and just go the least expensive route. I may go with the 18 on the fron and not worry about the rubber damper.

I'm in pretty much the same boat. I want to gear the bike up a bit so I can get a bit better gas millage and I'd too like to keep the rubber damper but I've got a 16T front on it down and I don't really notice the rubber damper not there. I do here the chain a bit more at really low speeds say 15Mph when I'm just putting but that's about it.

I put on a new chain and sprockets on saturday. I grabbed the renthal sprockets and to be honest, I can barely even tell a difference on the non-rubber front vs. the rubber front. There is a TAD more vibration at lower speeds but its negligible at best. The rear is a light gold and its pretty light. Also got the DIDZVM chain.

I only put on about 250 miles yesterday so I can't really say much about the chain, but the front feels pretty good. I'd definitely like better gas mileage too and I wish I had thought of it before I ordered the sprockets... Argh. ~35 mpg kinda sucks on this bike. I need my 40+ :D

Bun

I installed a new EK ZZZ chain the other day. High quality stuff IMHO. I bought it from Parts411 and got it in a couple of days.