CBR1100XX.org Forum

PCIII question

The Krypt Keeper

I will only assume that all PCIII come off the same assembly line and then they are given a map for GSRZXCBR model bike.

Kinda like CD disks are all blank and then the info is added onto them to make it play Marilyn Manson and others to play Brittney Spears..

So if I get any PCIII that would go for a CBR F4i or an R1 or even a Busa and went to the dyno shop and get a custom map made for my bike I would no longer need the origonal map that came on the cookie cutter PCIII would I? :icon_think:

I imagine there is a way to clear the stock map in them, since there is a way to add in a new map for your setup...

It should come with the zero map loaded, as in zero changes from stock.

The difference between PCIII models isn't in the maps, it's in the programing and harness.

You need the unit designed for your bike, if that's where you're going with this.

It should come with the zero map loaded, as in zero changes from stock.

The difference between PCIII models isn't in the maps, it's in the programing and harness.

You need the unit designed for your bike, if that's where you're going with this.

+1

technically since the software for them all is the same. So I bet they have the same boards and electronics in all of the PCIII's I bet it would be posible to do but I don't think I'd try it. I'd bet all the wires aren't even connected on the inside ether. You are very likely to short something out trying to make it work.