CBR1100XX.org Forum

Heli Modified

Elefant

I'm looking for a Corbin and more up right handlebars for my '03 XX. Stock VTech VFR are over $300 so they are out of the question. I was debating whether to get Heli for the XX or step it up a notch anf go for the Heli VFR. Does anyone know if they'll fit with stock cable/wire set up?

I'm looking for a Corbin and more up right handlebars for my '03 XX. Stock VTech VFR are over $300 so they are out of the question. I was debating whether to get Heli for the XX or step it up a notch anf go for the Heli VFR. Does anyone know if they'll fit with stock cable/wire set up?

I'm pretty sure both will fit with the stock lines. I think you have to unlook a clip that holds the cables to the frame close to the triple tree.

Put a post on STN and the VFR forums lots of guys are swaping there stock VFR bars for higher ones. I got a set for under $100 and they look brand new.

I just scored a set of VFR bars off ebay for $63. :icon_whistle: Took me about 18 months of looking though. I've also got Speigler lines with 1.5" extra length and they fit great. The one thing I don't like is that the brake fluid resevoir hits the bar riser and the levers don't rotate down where I like them. Looking at the Helis, I don't think that would be a problem.

-UJ

I have a used Corbin that I will offer to the list shortly.

Cruise the VFR forums and look for those who have added helis. PM/email them and ask if they will sell their oem bars. I hit paydirt on my third or fourth email, scored a set with the bar ends and new grips for about $50 shipped, if I recall correctly. There was some modification of brake/clutch res. to mount properly, but they fit with the factory lines. I like them.

I'm pretty sure both will fit with the stock lines. I think you have to unlook a clip that holds the cables to the frame close to the triple tree.

Put a post on STN and the VFR forums lots of guys are swaping there stock VFR bars for higher ones. I got a set for under $100 and they look brand new.

I did the same. There are a lot out there for $50-$100

Good choices. VFR bars are $230 from ronayers. Try lowering the pegs, too, that's a big help.....

LOL! I saw that!

:icon_biggrin: