CBR1100XX.org Forum

Digital Dash Color Change?

Obby

I'd like to know if you can change color of the analog dash.. to red.

Yes to Obby and yes to TFT.

There's a company out (Link on another computer) there that will solder on new, different colored, LED's to the guage mother board.

And for the analog guages, bulb covers or import racer colored bulbs will do the trick.

If you decide to change the color of bulbs on your analog gauges red would be a good color, stay away from say purple or a darker blue because they will turn the numbers too dark to see. and with a speedo that goes to 205 I have a hard enough time reading it as is

There's a company out (Link on another computer) there that will solder on new, different colored, LED's to the guage mother board.

And for the analog guages, bulb covers or import racer colored bulbs will do the trick.

Geez, I didn't know they had to be soldered on. I did see something at the other BB site across the swamp. Maybe that's a way to go :icon_think:

I found a write-up on the german xx site a while back, and downloaded the PDF, but other than getting the general idea from it, due to being non-german fluent, I can't go much further.

From what I could understand, it went into fabricating a whole replacement gauge face for the tach, out of plexieglass and a printed out gauge face, as well as replaceing all the LED's and adding resistors to correct the current draw of the new ones.

If someone wants it, though, I'd be happy to forward the file.

Geez, I didn't know they had to be soldered on. I did see something at the other BB site across the swamp. Maybe that's a way to go :icon_think:

OBBY,

If you need some semi-precision soldering let me know. I have 6 colors of LED's in stock in 2 different sizes. I like the idea of illumanating(sp?) the speedo in Red, and the temp/fuel/odometer in another color, maybe blue or green. Just an idea.

Let me know if I can be of help. I would do this to mine, but I'm too lazy to take everything apart.

OBBY,

If you need some semi-precision soldering let me know. I have 6 colors of LED's in stock in 2 different sizes. I like the idea of illumanating(sp?) the speedo in Red, and the temp/fuel/odometer in another color, maybe blue or green. Just an idea.

Let me know if I can be of help. I would do this to mine, but I'm too lazy to take everything apart.

Thanks for the offer, very generous of you. I was hoping it would be something simple. Since it's not, I'm going to focus my attention on the crappy suspension first.

There was a thread on the old forum aboot the wattage changes.. Going up in the brightness of the bulbs but not too much...

Pete in PA ... was that you ?

I know I would .. Anyone remember that thread.??

I want to go up in brightness and change to Red...

Anyone know the bulb style?? numbers??