CBR1100XX.org Forum

Anybody else have PCII problems?

flyv65

So I took the 'bird in for a custom map this past Saturday-she'd been running pretty rich and mileage was down, but when the Dyno tech hooked her up to the computer it turns out my PCII shat itself sometime in the last year or so. Since the PCIIIusb isn't out yet for the '01 yet, I'm sending it back to Vegas to see if it's worth fixing, but I wondered if anyone else has had an issue with the PCII: I hear it's not unusual for them to crap out.

Bryan...baseline top HP was 128, by the way...

So I took the 'bird in for a custom map this past Saturday-she'd been running pretty rich and mileage was down, but when the Dyno tech hooked her up to the computer it turns out my PCII shat itself sometime in the last year or so. Since the PCIIIusb isn't out yet for the '01 yet, I'm sending it back to Vegas to see if it's worth fixing, but I wondered if anyone else has had an issue with the PCII: I hear it's not unusual for them to crap out.

I had bad luck with one and went back to stock. Dynojet should take care of you if you still want to use it. If they give you any shit PM me and I probably can get you better help. I know em there.

What other mods do you have? You probable could get a better power curve and better mileage/ smoother throttle response / better low end performance with the ding dang thing.

I had bad luck with one and went back to stock. Dynojet should take care of you if you still want to use it. If they give you any shit PM me and I probably can get you better help. I know em there.

I called them yesterday AM and got a kid in service, who gave me a service ticket number and instructions on how to send it back so they could take a look at it. I'm hoping that fixing the bloody thing won't be too expensive; I sure don't want to buy a new PCIII for the bike if I've got this one available.

What other mods do you have? You probable could get a better power curve and better mileage/ smoother throttle response / better low end performance with the ding dang thing.

Almost all the mods I've done to the bike have been for handling, not horsepower: Ohlins fork springs and RaceTec Comp and Rebound valves in front, Penske rear shock out back, Carrozeria wheels, the usual SSBL, heated grips, garage door opener. The only thing I'd done close to performance-wise was the K&N filter and the PCII...I wanted to level out the flat spot around 5K rpm and put in a map eventually. Now the time is "eventually", and it turns out the PCII shit itself sometime in the last two years (I bought it in Feb '02 and had it hooked up to my PC in '04, so I know it worked then).

Bryan...waitin' to hear back from Dynojet on cost to repair...

Without an aftermarket header and silencer you're wasting your time in my oppinion. Tkae the PC off and ride the thing