CBR1100XX.org Forum

Buell Pegs - Adjusting for Lower Rear Brake Pedal

Mikesblackbird

I just added the Buell pegs and I like the additional room. I have adjusted the shifter with no problem, but I can not get the brake lever any lower. Is cutting the brake rod the next step? Seems to be a pain-in-the-ass to do - pulling off the peg mounting brake, actuator, peg, etc.

Is that what everyone is doing that added the Buell pegs?

Thanks for the help.

Guest rockmeupto125

I don't use the Buell pegs. But when I needed to lower my brake lever, I used an abrasive disk in my Dremel to chop the end off the adjuster screw. Worked fine.

I don't use the Buell pegs. But when I needed to lower my brake lever, I used an abrasive disk in my Dremel to chop the end off the adjuster screw. Worked fine.

I reposted this in The Garage section - my mistake. Can you get the Dremel in there without pulling the threaded rod out? Seems tight to me, but maybe I need to look at my Dremel kit completely. There may be something that can get in there?

Its easy...about 5 bolts and a spring. Budget 30 minutes. You've already spent more time than that thinking about it.

Thanks for fixing the posting error. You are right. I have spent a ton of hours cutting bushings, spacers, searching for clevins pins, etc. I'll take the plunge today - it is too nice of a day to spend buried in the basement home office. Need to get some air any way. Thanks.

I have the Buell pegs. Cut about 1/4" with the dremel. Still a little high. :icon_confused:

Remove the nut at the top of the rod and you'll have more room to run the U bracket up.

Done that. :icon_wink:

Slinger.........when you've hung around for a while you'll get the hang of the "search" function.

Here's the most concise thread I could find on the subject. Read it carefully for all the part numbers involved. Quite a few folks have done it.

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/index.php?...&hl=buell++pegs

Thanks for the info.!!