CBR1100XX.org Forum

voltage regulators,stator -what brand ?

tomek

My XX gets close to 80k miles,with couple long West coast summer trips on the horizon I pretty much desided to carry spare stator/voltage regulator.

I would like to know if any of aftermarket parts fit right in without drama ( like holes in wrong places,wires too short,long) and actually are better then O.E.M.That removes R1 regulator from the list.

Dennis Kirk has ElectroSport "Industry Best One Year Warranty" parts for 130 and 100 $

Anyone used those ?

Who much O.E.M. parts cost ?

Can a electrical shop rewind a stator? I would guess that wire gauge is the limiting item for power. I will have to ask, if I can ever get into a real town with a automotive electrical repair shop.

Guest rockmeupto125

My XX gets close to 80k miles,with couple long West coast summer trips on the horizon I pretty much desided to carry spare stator/voltage regulator.

I would like to know if any of aftermarket parts fit right in without drama ( like holes in wrong places,wires too short,long) and actually are better then O.E.M.That removes R1 regulator from the list.

Dennis Kirk has ElectroSport "Industry Best One Year Warranty" parts for 130 and 100 $

Anyone used those ?

Who much O.E.M. parts cost ?

Be cautious of plug-in claims, and verify that with the vendor for any aftermarket items. The only aftermarket stator for the XX that I know of is from Electrex, and they don't have a good track record with us or the XX.

I don't know about Electrosport. My advice (its free) is to have either a spare Honda regulator or an R1 regulator made ready to plug in.

Check prices at ronayers.com. I think about $105 for the regulator, and $180 for the stator.

Can a electrical shop rewind a stator? I would guess that wire gauge is the limiting item for power. I will have to ask, if I can ever get into a real town with a automotive electrical repair shop.

No. It's entirely a custom job, and would cost hundreds if not thousands. The late model stator fits the early model bike, so that's an available upgrade....just be advised you'll have to modify the connection.

I don't know about Electrosport. My advice (its free) is to have either a spare Honda regulator or an R1 regulator made ready to plug in.

Check prices at ronayers.com. I think about $105 for the regulator, and $180 for the stator.

New name for electrx. same company. Hey those prices are quite reasonable. no reason not to carry a spare r/r in the toolkit....

New name for electrx. same company. Hey those prices are quite reasonable. no reason not to carry a spare r/r in the toolkit....

Thanks for info,looks like I`ll go with O.E.M.."my" place, mrcycles.com has them for 103 and 157 $.

BTW that is good place to shop,I`ve ordered yammie pparts from them couple times.