CBR1100XX.org Forum

Galfer brake line question

airborneXX

I am in the process of doing these with the front spring change. I just removed the block between the two front brakes and direct lined em both. I think that is right. The clutch will be harder to remove the old line rather than put the new one in.

Yes Brett. I put them on bke and am very pleased. Cost was reasonable and the difference noticeable.

I'm of the mindset that Honda won't replace the Bird, the only other bike that seems logical as a replacement is Butt Fucking Ugly (ZX-14), and so the Bird will be run until it can't run any longer. The rubber hoses on my 7 year old bike aren't as tight as they used to be, so I think the Galfers make sense.

I didn't replace the rear as I didn't feel the need, but I probaly will do it if I still have the XX in a few years.

I'm with you on modding the 'bird til it dies. As of now there's nothing out there to replace it with. I'm also thinking these lines won't work properly without a set of Pazzos :icon_think: :icon_wink:

For anyone who has done this conversion, please tell us how different the clutch feels. I have asked once or twice before, and everyone kept quiet on this one.

BTW, This thursday I get to put braided SS lines on my truck. I siked!

Guest rockmeupto125

I have the front braided brake lines, not the clutch line.

With brakes, I like the immediacy and the improved tactile feedback.

FYI for you arthritic old bastards.... :icon_redface: When your fingers extended, they are at their weakest. Leaving the clutch line stock, there is some flex/mush in the line that gives a gradual takeup. My clutch hand gets tiredest when I'm in stop and go traffic where I have to use the complete clutch frequently and repeatedly. Steel lines would only exacerbate that stress. If I need performance from the clutch, I shift without it.

I'm also thinking these lines won't work properly without a set of Pazzos

Yep. I REALLY like the feel of the Pazzos, as well as the look, which I got in sliver with black adjusters. I missed the group buy, because I figured I had perfectly functional levers in a color scheme that matched my silver and black bike. Then I saw Mike's offerring on E-Gay and had them a couple days later. No buyers remorse on that purchase! Seems that I recall something about the VFR clutch lever being a fit for the XX, but that Mike had to fabricate (or have fabricated) a block part for the brake lever to make it fit for the XX. If that recollection is correct, they may be tough to find for the XX after he runs out of stock:

Mike@CTSMoto.com

I'm also thinking these lines won't work properly without a set of Pazzos

Yep. I REALLY like the feel of the Pazzos, as well as the look, which I got in sliver with black adjusters. I missed the group buy, because I figured I had perfectly functional levers in a color scheme that matched my silver and black bike. Then I saw Mike's offerring on E-Gay and had them a couple days later. No buyers remorse on that purchase! Seems that I recall something about the VFR clutch lever being a fit for the XX, but that Mike had to fabricate (or have fabricated) a block part for the brake lever to make it fit for the XX. If that recollection is correct, they may be tough to find for the XX after he runs out of stock:

Mike@CTSMoto.com

I've been in touch with Mike about the levers, they will be ordered soon. He was having trouble locating the brake lines though. I know I can get them from White Buffalo, but I'd like to see Mike make a couple of bucks off us after the wheel debacle :icon_wink: