CBR1100XX.org Forum

This Really REALLY sucks

DSRbikes

I'm finally ready to start ordering some nice trick parts for my bird when...

"PLEASE NOTE: BLACKBIRD SPARES ARE NOT TRADING AT THIS TIME.

WE APOLOGISE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THAT THIS MIGHT CAUSE.

The Blackbird Spares business is currently up for sale as a going concern at £35,000. It is a sound and prosperous company and being web based it can be easily moved to any other address.

If you have a genuine and serious enquiry about purchasing Blackbird Spares and would like further information about the company. Please e-mail me direct."

:icon_evil: WTF!!!! You cheap bastards not ordering enough to keep him in business?! I guess I've been out of the loop to long again. When did this happen? He had some cool shyt there. I know there are some other sources for some of the stuff but man this sucks. Can I get pointed in the right direction please. I've changed HDs on my comp. and all my bookmarks are not on this one yet.

I'm looking for those little bags of fairing plugs that I've seen for sale I thought on that website. Anyway, you know what I'm talking about, the little black thingys that hold the bottom fairing together and the little inner fairing bits to the frame up front.

Those and some of the otherneat bits he had. Thanks for your help.

Dameon

P.S.,

JK about the name calling :icon_lol: ( :icon_liar: )

I'm finally ready to start ordering some nice trick parts for my bird when...

"PLEASE NOTE: BLACKBIRD SPARES ARE NOT TRADING AT THIS TIME.

WE APOLOGISE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THAT THIS MIGHT CAUSE.

The Blackbird Spares business is currently up for sale as a going concern at £35,000. It is a sound and prosperous company and being web based it can be easily moved to any other address.

If you have a genuine and serious enquiry about purchasing Blackbird Spares and would like further information about the company. Please e-mail me direct."

:icon_evil: WTF!!!! You cheap bastards not ordering enough to keep him in business?! I guess I've been out of the loop to long again. When did this happen? He had some cool shyt there. I know there are some other sources for some of the stuff but man this sucks. Can I get pointed in the right direction please. I've changed HDs on my comp. and all my bookmarks are not on this one yet.

I'm looking for those little bags of fairing plugs that I've seen for sale I thought on that website. Anyway, you know what I'm talking about, the little black thingys that hold the bottom fairing together and the little inner fairing bits to the frame up front.

Those and some of the otherneat bits he had. Thanks for your help.

Dameon

P.S.,

JK about the name calling :icon_lol: ( :icon_liar: )

Yes this is utter shyte, cause he has some very cool stuff there. Dont quote me cause I am not even for sure but I think something took place, either a family matter or a biking matter where the gent who owns this place had to refocus his efforts on personal stuff. I think others on this site are more educated than I, but I do remember seeing something to that affect. I too was very bummed to see it up for sale :(

Was up Dameon, haven't heard from you in a while

John on this board had some of the fairing push type fasteners for sale. Johns Bike Bits.

Post a list of what you want. Someone will point you in the right direction.

I got a couple of bags of 'em from JC WHitney...They were about five bucks a bag plus (reasonable) shipping.

Where did you find them in JC Whitney?

The biggest bitch about those is that the Stealer wants blood, and the guys in England want your first born for shipping. Any additional info would be appreciated!!

Charlie

Where did you find them in JC Whitney?

Charlie

Found them...was kind of a bitch 'cause I didn't know what to search for so I had to browse.

fairing grommets and PLASTIC RIVETS

Now how bout the rest of the stuff that he had? Delink kits, single sided swingarms and the lot of it?

Dameon

John on this board had some of the fairing push type fasteners for sale. Johns Bike Bits.

Hey bud, it has been a while.

I checked out Johns site & he doesn't carry them on there. Not much else for that matter. Seems like a great guy. I hope he sees an oppurtunity in the possible demise of Blackbirdspares to bring some of that merchandise to this shore. I'd get a few things that's for sure. Last I spoke to him though he seemed more excited about his new skate wheels than anything else at the time.

Heck if I had 35k pounds lying around and the invetory was stateside I'd be interested in keeping it going. If only to have some of the best stuff on mine. I sure hope someone over there takes it over & keeps it going.

I picked up a 12" Craftsman metal lathe @ Trader Village a couple weeks ago. Now I need you to come over and show me what to do with it. I don't have a clue other than make some neat little bits for the bikes and so on. I know I can do anything I put my mind to with it, just don't have a clue where to start.

Dameon

Pete who owned and ran Blackbird Spares is still around on the UK site.

He's not trading but I'm sure if anyone needed to know where to source something either he (1200Pete) or John (Jaws) should be able to help. Just post what you're after on the UK site.

If anyone needs any info from over here or I can help in any way, message me.

Jaws is selling the fairing clips on the UK Ebay, by the way.

Hey bud, it has been a while.

I checked out Johns site & he doesn't carry them on there. Not much else for that matter. Seems like a great guy. I hope he sees an oppurtunity in the possible demise of Blackbirdspares to bring some of that merchandise to this shore. I'd get a few things that's for sure. Last I spoke to him though he seemed more excited about his new skate wheels than anything else at the time.

Heck if I had 35k pounds lying around and the invetory was stateside I'd be interested in keeping it going. If only to have some of the best stuff on mine. I sure hope someone over there takes it over & keeps it going.

I picked up a 12" Craftsman metal lathe @ Trader Village a couple weeks ago. Now I need you to come over and show me what to do with it. I don't have a clue other than make some neat little bits for the bikes and so on. I know I can do anything I put my mind to with it, just don't have a clue where to start.

Dameon

Seems like there is not enough time anymore since we bought the co. I work with. But, I can show you a few things. My lathe is only a 6". Let me know when you want to hook up.

He's not trading but I'm sure if anyone needed to know where to source something either he (1200Pete) or John (Jaws) should be able to help. Just post what you're after on the UK site.

Actually John has his own web site with most of the same cool stuff if I remember correctly.

Sure, Do you have those links 'cause I can't fine mine on my old HD from this one. John's site that is.

I'd love to help keep him in business but even shipping that minor stuff over here isn't cheap. It was less that $20 for two bags of those from JC Whitney shipping and all. I don't think I'll get those rates from England. Now some of the other trick stuff I was looking for

Seems like there is not enough time anymore since we bought the co. I work with. But, I can show you a few things. My lathe is only a 6". Let me know when you want to hook up.

Actually I think mine is too. :icon_redface: I was going by what length it could handle not by how thick the stock was that could spin. That being said I think it's only a 6" too. I thought you had a mill/lathe setup? If not then cool 'cause we got the same basic thing then. I need tools/tooling (?) to go with mine. I saw a lot of the stuff on ebay. I don't know what will fit it though.

Dameon

I heard owner was in a real bad accident, wrecking that beautiful custom blackbird he had :icon_frown:

That really sucks I hope he's ok & ride worthy still.

Dameon

Actually John has his own web site with most of the same cool stuff if I remember correctly.

Sure, Do you have those links 'cause I can't fine mine on my old HD from this one. John's site that is.

I'd love to help keep him in business but even shipping that minor stuff over here isn't cheap. It was less that $20 for two bags of those from JC Whitney shipping and all. I don't think I'll get those rates from England. Now some of the other trick stuff I was looking fo

Actually I think mine is too. :icon_redface: I was going by what length it could handle not by how thick the stock was that could spin. That being said I think it's only a 6" too. I thought you had a mill/lathe setup? If not then cool 'cause we got the same basic thing then. I need tools/tooling (?) to go with mine. I saw a lot of the stuff on ebay. I don't know what will fit it though.

Dameon

Call me and swing by. I'll show you what you'll need

281 831-4148