CBR1100XX.org Forum

luggage

kiwimack

Thinking of getting some luggage for the bird, will hardly ever use/need it need something to at least hold enough shit for a weekend. came across this from jc whitney, seems like a good price *0 bucks .....any body know of this or experience of it?

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ItemBro...ID:100000346517

cheers.

Thinking of getting some luggage for the bird, will hardly ever use/need it need something to at least hold enough shit for a weekend. came across this from jc whitney, seems like a good price *0 bucks .....any body know of this or experience of it?

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ItemBro...ID:100000346517

cheers.

Search function... There was a thread on those a month or so ago...

Mike

Were looking into this for a while now, and decided that I'll rather use the OEM VFR 800 panniers.

These are very similar to the XX OEM Panniers. they are slightly bigger.

Busy with making a mounting bracket based on the OEM mounting system from Honda, with a top rack for an optional top box if you would ever want to mount one.

So far the VFR panniers cost me +- USD 317.00

Mounting Brakets in Black Chroming made from alloy - USD 476.00

The grab rail gets replaced with the top mounting bracket, it runs from the first metal bobin on the tailpiece all allong to the other side.

The bottom stabilizer bar bolts onto the rear foot peg / exhaust nut and joins onto the grab rail.

2 bolts and it 's off, no real visible fuggly mounting brackets.

Just waiting for the black chroming to get done then I can past some pics.

I'm in South Africa, and these prices were very cheap compared to any other option. Givi setup cost

+- USD 3170.00

OEM XX Panniers from honda USD 1500.00

Were looking into this for a while now, and decided that I'll rather use the OEM VFR 800 panniers.

Busy with making a mounting bracket based on the OEM mounting system from Honda, with a top rack for an optional top box if you would ever want to mount one.

The grab rail gets replaced with the top mounting bracket, it runs from the first metal bobin on the tailpiece all allong to the other side.

The bottom stabilizer bar bolts onto the rear foot peg / exhaust nut and joins onto the grab rail.

I'm in South Africa, and these prices were very cheap compared to any other option. Givi setup cost

+- USD 3170.00

Are you fucking joking? Three thousand one hundred and seventy US dollars?

+- USD 3170.00

jesussssss 3 grand for givis? they must be made of the same stuff as black boxes...............

what do the oem's look like?

pity about the rugby huh?

So far, I'm up to about 600 bucks in my Givi setup. Got a wing rack from here for 200 bucks, 2 E360's mounted, a V45 going on the top next week. which will put me at 850, total.

Yeah, I know, they are fugly, but they hold a bunch, don't seem to upset the bike much, if at all, at sane speeds and I don' t ever have to worry about strapped or bungee'd down shit coming lose on me. I do lots of 10 day 4K mile round trips during the non-winter months and that is very important to me.