CBR1100XX.org Forum

Pit Bull Front Stand

blkbrdrydr

I finally got around to using (or trying to use) the Pit Bull front stand that I got for a Christmas present.

I tried to use it to remove my front wheel and found that the side supports of the stand were directly in front of the axle and prevented me from removing the front axle. I ended up putting a car jack under the motor to remove the wheel.

Why the fuck doesn't the stand allow for removing the front axle?

Talked to George at Pit Bull this morning.

Seems that some of their stands will block the axle of some bikes. I have the Newfront stand which does block the axle of the XX and some Ducati Monsters.

George suggested that I try turning the forks to gain room to remove the axle or, if that doesn't work, they will work out an exchange deal with me for a Forklift model that doesn't interfere with the axle on the XX

What incredible customer service. WOW

That sucks. I have the Pit Bull front stand and it works splendidly, doesn't block any aspect of the axle for me. I later got the fork converter to go with it, so now I can remove the forks on the XX and 929RR for fluid changes, overhauls, etc.

Maybe Pit Bull will swap you out for one of their standard front stands and converter?