CBR1100XX.org Forum

variable flasher unit

FlaminWarrior

Got the clear alternatives rear intergrated light... looks the goods, but I want to install a variable flasher unit into the OEM wires.... 2002 model..... I have cut out the OEM one as the variable one has three pins positioned different than OEM.... only one I could get....

problem is I dont know whick wire to solder onto which pin.... there is white with green stripe...(power) and green and grey.... which one goes where....??

the variable flasher unit's pin arrangement is so.....

..........+

..........+

..........+

+....................+

+....................+

+....................+

Any help would be appreciated, clear alternatives have not been helpful, and checking out their web site reveals lots of info including photos for every bike except the honda's..... so Im in the dark.!!

I must of wired it in wrong as I keep blowing fuses..... :icon_wall:

If you are trying to use the Clear Alternatives Flasher thats your problem! I blew fuses all afternoon trying to figure out what was wrong. Finally I just put the stock flasher back in and it worked (it blinked really fast) but no blwon fuses. I took the Clear Alternatives Flasher, down to Napa and told em i wanted a Flasher with the same resistance as the CA. They sold me a new "heavy duty" flasher, I pluged it ini and BINGO the intigrated LEDS blinked at a normal pace and didn't blow the fuse. So in short get rid of the Clear Alternative Flasher its crap!

Get a 2 wire non-load dependent flasher from your local auto parts store. I tried working out a 3 wire one (we have 3 wires) and never got it to work. I just left one wire off (forgot which) and it works 100%.

Might want to try this one. They stock an item specifically for the XX and should be plug and play.

Variable rate flasher

Thanks for the link!

I just ordered one. I'll go ahead and be the guinne pig and see if it really is plug and play.

Been wanting to add LED rear turnsignals to my LED brake lights for awhile.

This one works and IS plug and play. :icon_dance:

Standard Flasher

Item: ELFR-1

MSRP: $24.99 Price: $19.95

At:

http://www.customdynamics.com/trick_flashe...le_Rate_Flasher

When I opened the box I was VERY skeptical, only used 2 wires but it plugged right in and works. All I've got to do now is see how to mount it. (I'm thinking zip tie to relay bracket)

Very strange, how you get used to that clicking of the factory one. This one is dead silent. Signals flash, but no noise.

Too bad I didn't get my LED bulbs yet.