CBR1100XX.org Forum

rear shock

scott s.

so warchild got me hooked. first the levers,now the wheels,why not a new shock?

i am mainly a slaber, twisties when i can.no track days yet.i am going to class riding school this spring at mid ohio.what shock would you guys recomend.or stay with stock.right now it feel harsh seams like i can feel rurring over a paper clip.

Get a Wilbers <_<

and plenty of spare shock fluid. .. . :unsure:

I got out for a romp yesterday as the sun was finally out this weekend in Seattle.

While doing a post ride inspection, ran my fingers along the preload line on my Wilbers and it came away with fluid on it. :angry: Both ends at the fitting are weeping. Gonna wrench them tonight to see if I can snug em up a bit. If not, I guess I'll call Klaus.

db

Get a Wilbers <_<

and plenty of spare shock fluid. .. . :unsure:

I got out for a romp yesterday as the sun was finally out this weekend in Seattle.

While doing a post ride inspection, ran my fingers along the preload line on my Wilbers and it came away with fluid on it. :angry: Both ends at the fitting are weeping. Gonna wrench them tonight to see if I can snug em up a bit. If not, I guess I'll call Klaus.

db

guess i won't be buying a wilber!!!!

I've had my Penske installed for 15K miles or so and it has been bulletproof. The improvement in ride and handling is remarkable. I recommend them highly.

Man now I'm paranoid I have a Wilbers setup with the preload and low speed adjustment in the Garage haven't had a chance to put it on yet. Should I sell it or take my chances? I've read 3 posts now in here about Wilbers problems. Where were these posts a month ago when I was trying to decide DOOH. Doesn't Klaus locktight or thread tape the fittings? Guess I'll have to take my chances and X my fingers :blink:

I have the 640 with preload adjuster.

I called Klaus just to let him know I noticed a small leak on the pre-load line and was going to try to tighten it up. As far as I could tell it wasn't at the banjo fitting but at the 11mm nut fittings on each end. He said the banjo fittings are a crush once type seal and not to mess with that one.

Snugged em up about 1/8 turn on each end. They weren't tight. Quick ride yesterday, so far so good. However I now have a slight corkscrew twist in the preload line. As each end is tightened it put a twist in the line. No big deal, it just doesn't lay-out quite as nice as before.

Klaus did ask if the bike/shock was stored in a heated garage as a shock that freezes could leak. :blink: WTF.... I guess I need to move south a few degrees

db

Man now I'm paranoid I have a Wilbers setup with the preload and low speed adjustment in the Garage haven't had a chance to put it on yet. Should I sell it or take my chances? I've read 3 posts now in here about Wilbers problems. Where were these posts a month ago when I was trying to decide DOOH. Doesn't Klaus locktight or thread tape the fittings? Guess I'll have to take my chances and X my fingers :blink:

Definitely sell that POS. In the interest of safety I would be willing to take it off your hands for say $100.

Definitely sell that POS. In the interest of safety I would be willing to take it off your hands for say $100.

Whatever, man. Opportunist! I can't believe that someone on this forum would actually stoop to this level.

I'll go 150

Whatever, man. Opportunist! I can't believe that someone on this forum would actually stoop to this level.

I'll go 150

God damned vultures :angry:

I'll go 200