CBR1100XX.org Forum

Hyperpro install done.

Pete in PA

Remove rear shock.

Lube threads on shock.

using a punch and hammer remove first lock ring completely.

Now this next step I didn't learn till I was going back together. The adjustment ring likes to turn with the spring and act as one. I put a pry bar in the top mount hole with the shock lying on my carpet (old basement carpet) Now roll the spring the correct direction and it will turn the adj. ring with it and walk it right off.

The other option is use a spanner tool but it is way harder.

Remove the old spring noteing how the bottom mount works.

Install new spring and preload per instructions from Hyperpro.

Reinstall.

To get the front of the bike off the ground I placed it on the centerstand. I then used ratcheting tiedown straps from the floor joists (above, I'm in my basement) to the frame cross tube that's under the airbox.

I also backed this up with a jack under the oil pan just in case.

First loosen the fork caps then remove the forks.

Follow the Hyperpro instructions and sevice manual to change the fork fluid and swap the springs.

Reassemble.

Just did some rider sag measurments. Have rear at 38 mm. With no changes, front is at 38 mm. Remember I'm 300lbs. (but going down)

The Hyperpro front springs are longer than factory so the fork cap was under tension to screw on. Just like I had with the factory springs and spacers I made.

So Maybe they DO know what they're doing at Hyperpro.

Now I'll have to wait for warmer weather for a test ride.

Just took a test drive.

Hyperpro did their homework. The ride is much more supple, absorbs bumps instead of jarring me.

Yet I've lost nothing in the corners, in fact it now tracks bumps in corners instead of skipping over them.

I'm happy, well worth the $250.

Just took a test drive.

Hyperpro did their homework. The ride is much more supple, absorbs bumps instead of jarring me.

Yet I've lost nothing in the corners, in fact it now tracks bumps in corners instead of skipping over them.

I'm happy, well worth the $250.

Good to know, I'm thinking of doing some suspension work. Or maybe just give it a spring cleaning and ride :D

I'm wondering (hoping) that this suspension mod will increase my tire mileage.

Any thoughts?

In the sense that the increased shock spring rate will eliminate weight transfer and hence wheel spin, I tend to agree with you.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm wondering (hoping) that this suspension mod will increase my tire mileage.

Any thoughts?

In the sense that the increased shock spring rate will eliminate weight transfer and hence wheel spin, I tend to agree with you.

I just ordered the $250 combo. How well does it work? I was prepared to spend big bucks like Wilber or Ohlins. Just wondering what I can expect for $250. I really hate the jarring uncontrolled ride, it feels like the rear end is about to wash out from under me.

?I too am a little short for my weight and am liking what you've done.where do i get this kit from

I have had the Hyperpro front spring and fork oil on for about 2.5 years and the rear spring on for a year before I got the rear shock with remote preload and compression damping.

The handling in front is perfect. The rear spring was better than stock and is great when riding solo.

However, I often switch from solo to double with full bags, and I needed an easy and quick way to change preload. With the Hyperpro remote, my problem is solved. The only problem I sometimes have is that the damping is too stiff when riding solo on bumpy roads, even when adjusted full soft.