CBR1100XX.org Forum

Inverted front end on an XX

samaki

Due to a damaged front end I am considering installing an inverted front end on my 2000 XX. Is there a front end out there that is a direct bolt up to the XX gooseneck? Has anyone done this modification? Any photos?

There is a kit to put RC51 forks on the 'bird, made by... TSR is it? but it's pretty pricey!

Jeff (Byrdman) will probably pipe up shortly, but I think he's in the process of putting a 'busa front end on the front of his 'bird...

Mike

There is a kit to put RC51 forks on the 'bird, made by... TSR is it? but it's pretty pricey!

Not available any longer, not new, anyway.

Consisted of new triples. Delinking is required, as you'll use RC front calipers (though delinking the rear is cake).

xrdracer has it on his red bird.

Blackbird spares didn't put a kit into production. I talked to pete several times before starting my own conversion. He was in the process of R&D on a kit after doing the conversion on his show bike, but told me the RC51 front ends were too expensive in England and was looking at the ZX12 as an alternative. He's since put the business up for sale, so it's not likely the project will ever be completed. It's too bad, Pete is a great guy and gave me a lot of useful input. My end result will be somewhat different than his, but it would have been a lot harder to complete it without his advice.

Blackbird spares didn't put a kit into production. I talked to pete several times before starting my own conversion. He was in the process of R&D on a kit after doing the conversion on his show bike, but told me the RC51 front ends were too expensive in England and was looking at the ZX12 as an alternative. He's since put the business up for sale, so it's not likely the project will ever be completed. It's too bad, Pete is a great guy and gave me a lot of useful input. My end result will be somewhat different than his, but it would have been a lot harder to complete it without his advice.

i was under the impression that it was a jap company that specially made the kit and you order from them and it bolted right on.

Any photos of an XX with a 929/954 front end on it anywhere?

52159343.jpg

That probably didn't help much, but it is what you asked for. That's Dean's (eliXXer) bike, might be a little lower than stock ;)

i was under the impression that it was a jap company that specially made the kit and you order from them and it bolted right on.

That would be the TSR kit mentioned earlier in the thread.