CBR1100XX.org Forum

camaro bogging down........

devilisht2003

took a friend home to purdue from indy ( about 1-1:15 of interstate ) last night. when coming home on one of the ramps to another interstate my car was real rough and almost bucking when i accellerated back to speed. then this morning my car wouldnt start. crank and crank and crack but no start. held the pedel to the floor to unflood it and still nothing let it sit awhile and STILL nothing.....FINALLY after holding the pedel to the floor and feather the pedel some it started but was a very rough and studery start.......any ideas????

it does this everytime i drive very long on the interstate...studers when i try to roll on and wont start very easy the next day.

also noticed that if i keep the car in D not OD then it acts a lot better and doesnt have that bogging feeling. if i leave it in D and try to roll on and get it to downshift to D then it acts fine.......

any ideas?

yeah it has some mods........

1995 Z28 Deep Metallic Purple, Bose, Headers, Flowmaster 40 Series, No Cats, MSD A6 Ignition, K&N Filter, GMS Rear Control Arms, GMS Panhard Rod, Chrome ZR1 Rims, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWS Tires

i plan on tryin to get plugs and wires done soon

unlikely the cap/rotor. LT1's behave differently when the distributor goes out (I've replaced 4).

I've had the same problem, turned out to be excessive heat killing my MSD box. Does it have a bypass where you can unplug it and re-attach your factory harness? might try that and duplicate the scenario.

More than likely it's not your fuel pump unless you had less than a 1/4 tank.

doesn't sound like that would be a hot area, but doesn't that area get alot of leaves and dirt & crap? I had mine up on the fender well (94' Impala) and it overheated driving about 1.5hrs highway.

any ignition issue will show at RPM not after time/distance unless your headers are cooking your plugs/wires. Assuming you have a good fuel pressure regulator and fuel filter, the fuel pump is prone to overheating if you drive around alot on 1/4 tank or so.