CBR1100XX.org Forum

Which brake pads?

Keith

I hear some of you guys talk about putting HH pads on their birds. Are these the EBC FA261HH

Sintered Brakes, or something else? Do these treat the rotors OK, or do they cause faster wear?

Is braking performance a lot better than stock, or just a little? I find that stock pads stop me just

fine, but a bit more performance would be good. How about heating before bite? Do they need

to get hot to work well, or are they more like the stock pads in that respect?

TIA.

That'd be them. My stock pads were replaced at about 18,000 miles (they were capital-D DONE) with EBC HH pads. Currently the EBC's have 16,000 on them and they're not even half done yet, but I do a lot of highway riding with little braking. I've heard they are no more unkind to rotors than stockers, but I can't comment for sure. My rotors are not wearing in any way out of the ordinary.

And for performance, the stockers were adequate to good. The HH stop you RIGHT FUCKING NOW with just two fingers on the lever and no foot on the rear. They do take just a bit to warm up, but it's never caused me any problems; no worse than the stockers. And they're noisy when you get on em hard.

I give em about 19 thumbs up.