CBR1100XX.org Forum

Who was looking at doing the RC51 front end again?

Mithrandir

Gus is not for you to barter with Dean :devilfinger: !!!

Randy, you do remember this is Dean, builder of the FrankenXX. Old parts, new parts, machined parts...if it makes him go down the track faster, he will find a way to use it. Hell, handlebars, who needs um????

Mac

I was working on a front end swap. Free is just the kind of pricing I love too!

RC-51 forks are inverted and 43mm, right? Holy cow, that's only a 1mm bore and I can use the stock triple.

Mith, allow me to be your love slave in trade? If not, I can offer up Gus, MaXX's dog, one of my girls (Great Danes if you prefer Big & Black), or I can just send your my unlimited vist card to "Carl's Chicken Farm" who's slogan is "There's a reason there's a lock on the door. My business keeps it your business. Politicians welcome." :D

I could be wrong, but the 43mm is the little dia, ie the lower fork tube-I just checked---looks like you will need closer to a 5mm over bore---so the stock triple wont work--you would need the RC51 triples--front end/wheel, and a way to hang the bars

TSR UK site is:

http://www.tsr-uk.com

They don't have the kit there, but I've sent an email off to their sales dept.

Been doing some pricing of doing it myself. If Ive got the forks for free, should be able to do it for about $700 all up. Vortex clamps, heli/genmar/2bros bars, new brake lines and possibly new calipers. Need to machine new axle (possibly), and adjustment plates for the calipers to go with the different size brake rotors (or maybe buy bigger rotors to suit).