CBR1100XX.org Forum

Tires.. Mounting and balancing..

EVLXX

The cones are 3" long, (I believe) 1 5/8" round, taper down to 5/8" at the smallest part of the cone, slide on a 1/2" shaft, and have a 1/4 - 20 hole for a locking screw.

Wow, he seems to know you pretty well, Tim. :D:D:D

NBL, man. :wink:

Now, so I don't get my post deleted :wink: , I'd probably be interested in a set of these.

:lmao:

Thats damn funny.

If there would be a suficiant interest...

about 20 sets.

I could have a small run of these cones made for $20 a set, plus shipping.

The cones are 3" long, (I believe) 1 5/8" round, taper down to 5/8" at the smallest part of the cone, slide on a 1/2" shaft, and have a 1/4 - 20 hole for a locking screw.

normal_Balancer%20Cones~0.JPG

I'm going to look into finding some thumb screws, but I haven't found them yet.

I'd get down on summat like that.

Hey, what wrong with using the Axle to balance the wheels?

Not as accurate. There's a fair amount of resistance involved with the dust seals, heavier grease in the bearings, stuff like that. Something like the pic I posted above or what Eris is making doesn't depend on the bike's wheel bearings.

Hey, what wrong with using the Axle to balance the wheels?

Not as accurate. There's a fair amount of resistance involved with the dust seals, heavier grease in the bearings, stuff like that. Something like the pic I posted above or what Eris is making doesn't depend on the bike's wheel bearings.

Gotcha. Thanks.

I believe he's aiming for somethng like this-

UNIV.JPG

Yes that is correct.... But i am trying to improve upon them just a little, my cones should be a little longer, easier to grab, slide, and hold into the Bearing Bore.

I''ve got 1 possible here and one PM.

OK.

My answers are in Bold...

So, the metal pieces on the end in the photo are bearings?

Yes.  

Is so, will you be selling the full unit or just the cones or both ways?  

My thought was... that I could sell a couple of the cones to a Few poeple that would want to build there own unit, considering the bearings and 1/2" steel shaft are easy to get.

If you sold the full working piece, you could sell them for any bike, make tons of money and retire. :D

So, currently I'm selling just the cones.... no Bearings and No Rod, and I don't want to try and take away or compete with the Marc Parnes unit, so there won't be another run after this... this is a one time deal.

:D

Just a heads up.

The Harbor Freight tire changer will be $39.99 and the motorcycle adapter will be $29.99 on March 1st till March 13th.

I balance by using the axle and rolling it on 2 straight edges that I level beforehand.

Seems friction free enough for me.

Guest rockmeupto125
I'm interested.

Knowing this bunch, I suspect you're not the only one.

my cones should be a little longer, easier to grab, slide, and hold into the Bearing Bore

The Harbor Freight tire changer will be $39.99 and the motorcycle adapter will be $29.99 on March 1st till March 13th.

Harbor Freight always had free shipping on anything over $50. The last catalog that I looked at, it didn't seem to be this way anymore. I have gotten a good bit of stuff from them over the years, even a 4x8 trailer which had free shipping.

i just got a new catalog and it appears that they did do away with the free shipping. but they also got rid of the handleing charge that they would stick you with even with the free shipping. now orders of $100 and up are $9.99 to ship.

Harbor Freight always had free shipping on anything over $50. The last catalog that I looked at, it didn't seem to be this way anymore. I have gotten a good bit of stuff from them over the years, even a 4x8 trailer which had free shipping.

I knew that would go on sale. The tire changer was on there the other day for 34.99, the next day it went back to 49.99. I printed it out and took it to the store and they matched the price. I got it just for the bead breaker part for now, plus I had a $50 gift card burning a hole in my pocket. When the m/c adapter goes on sale I'll kill the rest of the card.

Where is this store you speak of?

There is a place called "Railroad Salvage" in Englishtown on the road to Raceway Park that is very similar to harbor freight. I am no longer allowed to go there. :)

In Vineland, and it's in the 3% sales tax zone 8)

Nexxt time you come out of your hole I'll take you there.

Or just come here and browse my garage, it's almost the same as going to the store :?