CBR1100XX.org Forum

Pipeless 'Racing'

erixx

As promised, here the results of my latest track day...

Went for a full day to Valencia Circuit (Spain).

I was there 2 months ago and tested my new rearsets and hyperpro springs with good results, but i still scratched my pipes 2 times, and it's to scary to repeat. Step by step i'm getting faster every time i go to the track, and last time it was really impossible to ride the XX faster in the turns.

Solution? Take the pipes off!

:grin:

Of course, the sound was the truest GP noise! My friends could hear me from the opposite side of the track LOL

Ok, but the best thing was, i could lean the bike as far as i wanted (the new Pireli DIABLO tyres did their job SO good!), and also the lesser weight (12-15 kg) helped a lot. First time in my life i could follow some R1 and GSXR1000's with slicks and even passed some and ran away!

It's a realy amazing and glorious experience!!!!!!! Many times there was nearly no room for my inside knee....

Now, obviously, i'm looking for a 4in1 solution that is high enough to prevent any future pipe scraping...

I hope the photografer did his job, i will post photos ASAP.

Solution? Take the pipes off!

:grin:

Of course, the sound was the truest GP noise! My friends could hear me from the opposite side of the track LOL

You are kidding aren't you???? :shock:

Don't buy an Akra. They scrape!!

Cal

Get your forks done, jack up the rear 12mm---and get over it :lol::lol:

BTW---most bikes run like shit w/o pipes as the engine is tuned with a needed amount of backpressure-unless of course you down load DynoJets NO PIPES map into your PC :lol::lol: --not to mention exhaust valves dont live very long w/o back pressure :roll:

Thanks for those corrrections friends. Indeed, I meant Silencers.

I took the silencers off, and only the silencers :lol:

Now some technical: Alphabird, i appreciate your comments and warning.

Yes, indeed, the bike didn't run 'smooth', and was low on power, but i wanted to proof that a BB that doesn't scrape is very Track-Capable.

Anyway, i wonder about the backpressure issue. The stock silencers have a lot of that. Racing silencers are normally just a piece of 'pipe' surrounded by sound absorbing material, and sometimes just a 'pipe' (look at Ducatis GP bikes)...

Do you mind to help me understand the function of backpressure?