CBR1100XX.org Forum

Slide Drilling...

bartonmd

I don't think that the slides move further.

And if this happens this should be because of the different slide springs that -I think - are coming with a Dynojet kit.

One suggestion though.

First try the kit without drilling the slides' holes.

When I installed a Dynojet kit in my Ninja (and drilled the slides), it was impossible to get rid of two flat spots in the above idle and low to mid revs.

My dyno man said that the slides are openning too fast going lean momentarilly .

are you talking about drilling out the hole in the slide that lets air in past it to the throttle valve or drilling out the hole that goes up into the diaphram? If you're drilling out the hole in the slide that lets air past it into the motor, it will actually slow the slide opening down, allowing air to go through it and not placing a higher vacuum on the "port hole" that goes up to the diaphram. A lot of aftermarket kits have different diapgram springs that fine tune the slide opening and drilling out the slide reduces the vacuum into the diaphram and therefore reducing the tendancy to make the off idle too rich.

Quesion... I know that when you're putting in a jet kit, drilling the slides makes them respond better to opening the throttle... meaning that they move up FASTER, but do they also move up FARTHER??

Thanks,

Mike

No. The slides themselves will move at a different rate, (and at different times in response to the vacuum created by the intake, but I won't argue the physics, because I'm not an engineer) but there's physical stops in the guides that the slides run in which only allow them to open to a certain point.