CBR1100XX.org Forum

POS Honda

The Krypt Keeper

:evil:

Yesterday I pull my bike out to go for alittle ride. Havn't ridden in 3 weeks cause of snow, hunting and work. ( I know they aren't excuses)

She fires right up and as I let her warm she starts pissing radiator fluid :shock: My bike has never leaked a drop of anything. :x I had to go get a 6mm wrench and tighten a hose clamp. Guess the temp. difference of cold and heating up caused it to leak in the difference of expansion..

Little test ride stretching her legs and everything was all good.

Then taking her apart for winter maintance (shutup you warm climate fuckers) I broke two of them plastic push pins. I guess 3 1/2 yrs is there life span. :? Fuck you Honda and your cheap ass plastic push pins

That is all.. She is getting new brakes, new fork springs, radiator flush, and

a good cleaning.

Anyone got any suggestionson which to get? Racetech, or Hyper Pro fork springs. Also who sells them online. Going with HH pads..

:evil:

Fuck you Honda and your cheap ass plastic push pins.

+1

I hate those POS pins. I have replaced the bottom most ones, under the chin, with bolts. The upper ones have maybe one or two times left in them. Time to order some. I thinks Jaws has them in a bag of ten.

I went with the straight rate Race Tech front springs, Gold valves and rebound valves. I am very pleased.

Yep, they're cheap as hell. I wonder if there is a better option, something similar, but that will last for a few removals. A Dzus variant of some sort?

I found that Lowe's has something similar to the Honda plastic ones. They have only two "ears" (the expanding tabs) rather than 4 like the OEM ones, but they're cheap. And Checker has the other philips-head plastic expanding screw thingies.

What size bolts do you use for the fairings, LongHaul?

Uh oh, sorry, I don't know. :oops:

They are socket head and a 5 mm allen fits it. But the bolt size? I don't know.

I pulled them from my "Lucky Bin." You know, when you need a fastener or something and it's late and you've run out of all your POS Honda push pins, that aren't broken, and you don't have the proper fasteners so you rumage through the "Lucky Bin."

I got lucky! They were small and round...and shiney and metric..and they even fit the fairing holes. :)

I put a flat washers and split lock washers on too!

Makes left side fairing removal easier for oil changes.

:shock:

WTF! ... do you like doing more work than you really have to ?

What the heck are you taking the fairing of for when you're just changing the oil ?

Fuck.. throw a old towel down on the rigth side of the bike on the ground, and then use your right hand to twist off the oil filter. There's only like One minutes worth of work in the proccess. Of course I let my bike drain for about 10 minutes, come back, spin a filter on and add oil.

Fairing ????

:D

I pull my fairing, too. Adds maybe an extra ten minutes to the process and allows you to do a much neater job. I'd rather spend the extra time than work around an obstacle. Same reason my forks get serviced on the bench, not on the bike, though I am aware the later is possible.

To each their own, and all that.