CBR1100XX.org Forum

16 tooth update

mrsquirrel

Just an update on the 16 tooth install.

The bike gains appears to be out by 4 kms - 100km is only 96km which isnt to bad so going on that the last weekend I was away with the bike she drank a 23 litres of fuel over 250 kilometers.

Not great. I am planning on sticking the 17 tooth back on for a month and making a decision after that as to which I want to keep.

I still love the increase in acceleration my friends R1 got a bit of a fright when he realised that I was gaining on him more now.

I don't like the fact that I am now sitting at 5000rpm when I am cruising around. However the control in traffic is a lot better as well.

So back to 17 see what I think and make a final decision there.

really depends on where you ride, I do a ton of long distance, so I opted to stick with stock. If you don't mind sucking gas and ride mostly around town, stick with the 16 if you like the low end boost. Riding at 5k isn't going to hurt anythinh I have cruised at 7k-8k for hours on end, these engines are bullet-proof.