CBR1100XX.org Forum

Mirror extender?

testrider

I think I remember seeing somebody was selling mirror extender for our XX. Basically it was a small machine block that was installed between the existing mirror and the mounting point to extend the mirror further out.

Does anybody know where I can get a set of these?

Thanks.

Saw that they have "preload adjuster" on their web site. Has anybody tried these?

I have a set but havent installed yet...waiting to get my truck running before I tackle that and many other mods...quality looks quite good and pretty straightforward operation/installation

Sorry John, I thought you had stopped carrying these :oops: I know you get em from Jaws, but would rather refer people to a state side source.

Now I know :wink:

Saw that they have "preload adjuster" on their web site. Has anybody tried these?

I've got them, they're very nice. The fit and finish is exxcellent.

preload.jpg

That having been said.. once you get your preload set, etc, it's not something I actually adjust very often. Still, it's nice when I put my wife on the back to be able to stiffen up the front. With that, and my Wilburs adjustable preload for the back, it works out very nicely.

How about the ones I sell? http://bb.superblackbird.info/viewtopic.php?t=20

The price will be changed very soon however, because I am forced to buy them for a higher price because my supplier folded.....

I clicked on the link above and it timed out...

Yes we have a server-problem at the moment. Sorry about that!

Keep trying, it will come up...... The problem is in the server of the provider. If you try 4 times in a row, you'll probably get in. Sometimes there is no problem at all....

Do the mirror extenders really make a difference? I'd like to be able to see more than my elbows but no one has given a definitive answer. Do they make the mirrors wobble or vibrate more? Can any one recomend the acetyl or the aluminium ones? Thanks