CBR1100XX.org Forum

MacTac

Mikey

Drag, so I pick up a roll of that clear mactac to put on my tank where the magnets from my givi tankbag is starting to leave a bit of a ring. So I found out I had six magnets...and six ugly ass patches of mactac. Gaawd, it looks hideous. Oh well, at least it'll keep the paint decent. I don't drive much without the tank bag so that's ok.

There is already an antislip on the bag, what's happening is fine grit gets between the magnet and the tank and it leaves a mark, so I have to tac the tank. I could make the patches smaller of course, and probably will sometime.

I use some of that rubberized draw liner stuff placed on the tank and bag mags stick through it fine its non slip and BLACK off course, because its faster.... :lol:

It leaves a little rubberish goo but easy to wash off.

I got the idea form UK, Oxford Luggage sell it for their throwovers at about $30 a sheet, or its here in home depot for $3.

Whats Mactac, I'm thinking its a vinyl product.

TC

I think we're talking about more or less the same stuff. I just find it difficult not to get the folds. Now I have to take of a couple patches because the folds are on the top, so gas, or dirt, water, etc, will get into it and sit.