CBR1100XX.org Forum

mods on a 99 birs ? info please

silvertippr2001

I want to make some mods to my bird, I'm thinking of some degrees on the cams. can some one tell me whats the stock degees on the cams and were shood I get the most out of it. right now Im running stock wih a full race yoshi sistem and power comander but i'm thinking to go with NOS.

Any info of some experts from here woud be a lot of help.

down here almost no one works with the xx. at the tracks there only 2 xx mine, and a 2000 that dosen't have any mods.

I'd liked to grap the atention of those busa riders.

P.S.

what kind of stock cams do the xx 99 comes with?

I want to make some mods to my bird, I'm thinking of some degrees on the cams. can some one tell me whats the stock degees on the cams and were shood I get the most out of it. right now Im running stock wih a full race yoshi sistem and power comander but i'm thinking to go with NOS.

Any info of some experts from here woud be a lot of help.

down here almost no one works with the xx. at the tracks there only 2 xx mine, and a 2000 that dosen't have any mods.

I'd liked to grap the atention of those busa riders.

P.S.

what kind of stock cams do the xx 99 comes with?

Throw a turbo on in and hang on....

Guest rockmeupto125

If you're chasing modded Busas at the track, give it up. There's way more hardware out there for the Suzuki than for the Honda. You can spend a large fortune trying to make the XX faster by upgrading individual components, a medium sized fortune with a good turbo setup, or a small fortune on a well designed wet NOS system.

Any modifications of the sort push your bike into more of a single use device, and decrease its usefullness in all other areas.

If you are looking at track use, your most bang for the buck would probably be in a high end NOS system and a progressive controller system.

If its your goal to just go faster, that should do the trick.

If its your goal to beat the Busas....buy a bigger Busa.

The XX comes with metal stock cams. How many types of cams are there? Northman may have the degree increments noted....for cams your probably going to need to contact Yosh or one of the specialty outfits in Japan...unless you elect to go with a regrind from one of the US shops.