CBR1100XX.org Forum

HID Problems

Obby

Why don't you switch the good side to the bad side and see if the balllast is giving you the problem.

I only have the low beam :( . No can testy. I didn't have time this weekend to work on it, but by using the starter switch method it's been working. I really don't like having to start the bike that way though (takes both hands :evil: ).

Why don't you switch the good side to the bad side and see if the balllast is giving you the problem.

I only have the low beam :( . No can testy. I didn't have time this weekend to work on it, but by using the starter switch method it's been working. I really don't like having to start the bike that way though (takes both hands :evil: ).

Obby, I think that they meant for you to try using the plug from your hi beam for a test of the HID. It can't hurt, and if the HID works w/o all the problems then you can eliminate the HID ballast and concentrate you efforts on the switchgear.

I was thinking of doing that too. I have a feeling it will work if "switched", but I wonder why it worked fine at first, then started acting up? Right now I'm still using the key/starter switch method and it's been working consistently. I may just use the highbeam plug and forget the having a highbeam, I rarely need it anymore.

Edited:

Key method is not working now either :evil: