CBR1100XX.org Forum

Galfer green Brake pads.

RodeRash

Galfer green pads suck.

If you need to stop on a dime, you better put on the 'Green'. The Kevlar-organic Green pads offer powerful, initial bite time after time with no fade. The versatility of these pads is unmatched. They can adjust to abrupt temperature and moisture changes and take little time to recover between braking. They can be used in all types of riding whether it is street, dirt, race, and any combination of each. These are better for an aggressive rider, since these offer one or two finger stopping power. For many riders, the ideal combination is using Galfer Green in the front with Galfer Black in the rear.

Yeah, right. And Honda's going to import an updated BlackBird to the US this year.

I didn't much care for the factory brake pads, and I thought I would try something different on my Suzuki TLR, I installed a set of Galfer green pads, and followed the break-in procedure. I didn't like them at all. If you need to stop fast, they were OK, but they have no modulation at all. At slow speed stops, like around town, they would not stop at first. When you squeezed a little harder, they would grab. It got to the point that I used the back brake for most around town stops. As a bonus, you get to listen to the damn things squeal.

This weekend, I replaced them with EBC-HH, and the difference is amazing. The new pads are not even close to being broken in, but it makes the bike fun to ride again.

The greens are OK but not an impressive difference over the stockers in the dry. A piece of wood pressing on the rotor will stop you sooner in the wet. These pads are the worst wet performing pads that I've ever seen. EBC HH's will be the next set for me.