CBR1100XX.org Forum

Dying Windscreen

Moriartii

I have the stock windscreen on my 97 bird. I want to replace it with a dark windscreen but Mr Bills has hit me in the shorts. I was wondering if I could use some Plastikote plastic dye on the inside of the windsreen.

Thoughts?

Kinley

yea, Nightshades by VHT should work on it. You can get it through Summit racing and other car type vendors. Your local parts store might even be able to get it if they get VHT products.

Redbird sprayed his with black spraypaint and it looks real good. You can't see through it, but it looks really good.

Thanks, Donnie. 8)

FYI- I sprayed it from the inside. I wouldn't recommend doing it from the outside. Can's speak from experience on the tinting stuff, but if I were going to try it I'd probably apply that to the inside of the screen as well.

There is a good shop in town that has tinted the windows on both of my vehicles; they really do a good job. The point is, maybe take it to a local shop that tints windows :D You could get some seriously dark tint professionally done, and I am sure it would not cost too much.

steve