CBR1100XX.org Forum

HID beam pattern

OrganDonor

Nope. I have the 5300s though. I've heard dark areas with the less white bulbs, like 8000, but only by one or two guys.

Hmmmmm...... first I've heard of this. Sorry bro, dunno what to tell you. I'm sure someone here will have advice, especially now that about half of the riders have HID.

Are the bulbs mounted firmly, where they're supposed to be? There were several solutions to the "spacer problem" floating around, if whatever you did messed with the alignment of the bulbs in the housing/reflector I could see problems like you describe being the result.

6000k here, no problems.

I made a spacer for the high beam from a rubber hose washer.. figured it was going to be used rarely, so the heat wasn't going to be as much as an issue. For the low beam I cut up the stock bulb holder as described by another member, so heat wouldn't affect it. When I was done, neither bulb wiggled around, and was in snuggley.

:evil:

I didn't use spacers in mine. I bought a Mr Jung kit, and he since went out of business. Maybe this is the difference??

My kit had preformed H7 bulb bases for the HID bulbs - fits snugly enuff.

The only thing I have noticed is that when my low beam is aimed so that oncoming cars aren't blinded and whinging, the high beam points slightly lower than it should. High beam lights up an area about 300 yards ahead of me where the H7 bulb setup had it running straight down the road to what would have been infinity.

Still makes an awesome difference tho.

Now that I've got my HID hi/lo's in for a week, I've noticed a sharp line of darkness between the top of the low beam and the bottom of the high beam when I'm riding. Anybody have this distinct dark area in their pattern, too?

+1 on the bulb fitment.

When I put the high on there is no line between the high and low beams. :)