CBR1100XX.org Forum

Warped rotors! Who has the best deal?

Master Of Pain

Well, my front rotors are warped - sucks, yes. I need to find a "best bang for the buck" set for the front end today so I can have them ordered and delivered before the weekend. Bike Bandit has EBC Pro Lites for $189.05 ea. (1 rotor) Has anybody seen better prices elsewhere, or a better quality set within the price range? I live in the US.

Thanks a ton! :)

How bad are they warped and what warped them? Are they warped from heat or did they get bent?

The reason I ask is that I slightly tweaked one of my rotors in my accident and was successful in straightening it myself. First I put the bike on the centerstand and put a jack under the oil pan to raise the front tire. Then I spun the tire to determine where the bend was located. You can hear it rub against the brake pad at the exact location of the bend. More often than not, the rotor carrier is what gets tweaked in an accident and not the rotor itself. Once I located the bend, I used a rubber mallet and a short piece of wood and bent it back into shape by putting the wood on the rotor carrier and pounding it in the direction I wanted it to go. You can also use an adjustable wrench to grip the rotor, but I was successful with just using the rubber mallet and the wooden drift. Just pound away and then spin the wheel to see if it corrected or overcorrected the bend. Then repeat.

This may or may not work for you depending on the severity or location of the bend, but it's worth a shot. You'd never know that mine was ever off......even under heavy braking.