CBR1100XX.org Forum

XX 2000, injection problem??

feelergaugephil

I went to G.N.Gonzales (Honda Dealer In Baton Rouge) He has a 2000 XX in for $6900 with 10K on it, 1st off, he is overpriced on that, Kelly Blue book has it at $6040.

Anyway, the owner advises that one or more of the injectors has messed up and will be fixed soon and ready for sale.

How does an injector mess up at 10K ??????

Hey feeler,

I used to frequent GN Gonzales. My Dads Co. used to install all of his sprinkler systems back in the late 70's. I bought 3 bikes from him personally. Is he still riding around in his electric scooter?

I have a 2000 model with 14K on it and no injector or electrical issues so far.

Offer him 5K for it.

Porter

I have a 2000 XX too. I thought I had the notorious ground problem at one time, but I never found any corrosion. I took things apart and my connectors were clean as a whistle.

My issue was a real code in the ECU for the IAT sensor. I think I didn't get it connected properly after a plug replacement. I checked and reset the ECU codes after making a good connection and haven't had a problem with the FI light since.

I hope you get a good deal.

Aren't 2000's one of the models with the bad ground. A friend with a 2000 has had quite a few issues. I have seen a fix on one of the CBR sites.

Yes, this is a problem for the 1999 and 2000 models. Mine (1999 and over 50.000 miles) has a problem too. I am currently tracing the problem, but I haven't found it yet.....

My bike still runs in emergency-mode......