CBR1100XX.org Forum

Scorpion helmet sucks

JAXTOY

I just bought Scorpion EXO 400 helmet and let me tell you this frickin thing suck big time.When i was riding on the freeway the wind noise is so bad i could not hear nothing else.I called the stealership where the helmet was purchased last thursday and ask them if i can exchange for Shoei and they told me NO.So looks like i will be stuck with this POS helmet for now. :twisted: :evil:

Try to sell it. There are alot of people that love the Scorpions...you could probably recoop alot of your costs. Advertise it on here and I'd be surprised if it didn't sell. You'll take a loss but better than living with a lid that you hate.

Yup, get rid of it. I bought a Shoe X-11, it is rather noisy too. Also, you get the added perk of little to no visiblity (but it looks cool :evil: ).

Amherst XX, that avitar is cool. That guy is in the zone.

I just bought Scorpion EXO 400 helmet and let me tell you this frickin thing suck big time.When i was riding on the freeway the wind noise is so bad i could not hear nothing else.I called the stealership where the helmet was purchased last thursday and ask them if i can exchange for Shoei and they told me NO.So looks like i will be stuck with this POS helmet for now.

eBay the bitch

I just bought Scorpion EXO 400 helmet and let me tell you this frickin thing suck big time.When i was riding on the freeway the wind noise is so bad i could not hear nothing else.I called the stealership where the helmet was purchased last thursday and ask them if i can exchange for Shoei and they told me NO.So looks like i will be stuck with this POS helmet for now. :twisted: :evil:

I have the EXO 700, and it's a bit louder than the AC-10 that I crash tested, but not N-E-A-R-L-Y as loud as the HJC CL-12 that is my wife's helmet...

Mike

I've been hearing generally good things about these helmets, but for disparaging comments about the wind noise. Good venting is essential to me in the Deep South, and that is always gonna have an impact on wind noise... Any other observations worthy of consideration or comments..?

OK, ...besides the low prices...?

I've been hearing generally good things about these helmets, but for disparaging comments about the wind noise. Good venting is essential to me in the Deep South, and that is always gonna have an impact on wind noise... Any other observations worthy of consideration or comments..?

OK, ...besides the low prices...?

Well, I just love the hell outta my Scorpion and think enough of them, that I'm gonna get one for my daughter since she's outgrowing her current helmet. That's the thing about venting... Ya want air... Gonna get some noise... Want quiet... Gonna sweat like a f'n pig... Ear plugs work for me!

Well' date=' I just love the hell outta my Scorpion and think enough of them, that I'm gonna get one for my daughter since she's outgrowing her current helmet. That's the thing about venting... Ya want air... Gonna get some noise... Want quiet... Gonna sweat like a f'n pig... Ear plugs work for me![/quote']

I just wish I could get them up here. :(

I bought a Shoe X-11' date=' it is rather noisy too. Also, you get the added perk of little to no visiblity (but it looks cool :evil: ).

[/quote']

I love my X-11. I don't find it any noisier than any other helmet I've tried. I wear earplugs anyway. Visibility seems fine to me and it's nice a and light. However.....I doubt I'll buy again simply b/c I don't think they're worth the price tag.