CBR1100XX.org Forum

Questions on VFR Bars on a XX - Repost from backup board

GadgetXX

I have read posts about putting VFR bars on a XX. My questions are as follows.

1. What make, model, year VFR bars work?

2. Will my XX Throttlemeister set fit on the VFR bars?

3. How much change is there in the bar position over stock?

4. Can I get the same results using risers?

TIA

1) Honda (you asked :wink: ), VFR (again :roll: ) , 2002+ :D

2) I think so. They share the same part # so one might assume. On second thought, call them to verify. 414-464-6060

3) See this thread. Stock bars vs. VFR bars vs. Gilles Variobars http://bb.superblackbird.info/viewtopic.php?t=95

4) Risers (like Genmar) only fill the gap when you slide the bars up the fork tube. Total waste of money, as this can be done for free.

5) http://www.cbr1100xxforums.org/forum/search.php :wink: :poke:

Jason

If I searched for it on my own, I would not have given you a chance to give me so much shit!!! :oops: Instead of being a smart ass, get your bike done so I have another XX to ride with! :wink: Thanks for the links, Now I just need to find a set of VFR bars that are not to expensive.

Check the VFR forums. If you do a google search for "VFR forum" you'll get tons of hits. I bet someone there will have them.

If you do a google search for "VFR forum" you'll get tons of hits.

Note the key word here. :twisted: :P

I'm hoping to have the bike together and rideable this weekend. It'll be ugly, but at this point I don't care. I'll paint after the first snowfall. That first ride next spring with all of the salt and sand still on the ground and a brand new paint job is going to be interesting, though. :shock:

I'll get ahold of you after a shakedown cruise or 2 and we'll go riding. It's been almost 4 months since I've been on my 'bird so I'll be a little rusty, but I can't wait!

I liked the idea from the UK XX site where you can just reverse the stock bars (left to right / right to left). Looks like this might be a viable alternative. My question is; will the stock wiring, cables and hoses reach the new position of the reversed bars or with the VFR bars?

I heard about that and looked at my bike, there are locating tabs on the bars that I don't think would fit right if you reversed them. If you can let me know because I'd like to try it.

I think the only problem is the hydro lines and they can be rerouted to fit as per a post I read somewhere (here).