CBR1100XX.org Forum

Where did you mount your lights?

PlasticxxHead

Cruizing through options on lighting..seen most of the standards, BUT

Looking for a pic of the fogs under the nose..

Is there enough material there to keep the beam steady?

Thought about using the reflector tabs, but my lights need to be mounted horizontally. :cry:

Any horizontal suggestions..?

ps pics would help.

you can do it if you mount something heavy either side of the plastic - big formed sheets of 40/63 thou aluminium for example. Because of the flexibility of the lower cowling, and the fact you can probably only get fastener access between the ram air ducts, you will need to reinforce the area substantially if you don't want them to move around. The plastic is probably strong enough to mount a set of lights that will fit without hitting the wheel guard, but they will vibrate.

Artic:

That would work if I had theose lights... They look great!!, But I need a horizontal mount not a vertical one.. It looks like I will be using the lower front fender screw... I'll loose the bracket that came with the lights, and go directly into the mounting screws..

Pics to come..

I was looking a mounting a thing longish spot setup under the nose, my problem was that I dropped the front with 1cm, and that did make me wonder and worry about bashing the front fender....

Please post some pics when you've comleted this.