CBR1100XX.org Forum

Switched from ZG ST sheild to double bubble.

Pete in PA

I like it! I'm getting more air on me but it's much less turbulant. I'm going to try riding without earplugs for the first time in years.

Now I know why my wrists were hurting on long rides. Not enough air to push me up. even with VFR bars moved up on the fork tubes.

Looks much better also, more sporty as the bike was intended.

Zero Gravity now includes 2 plastic washers for the 2 rear most bolts since the screen is thinner.

The thinness has never bothered me, it looks great and fits great, especially in dark smoke. 8)

I've had a ZG DB for about 3 years now and love it. Mine also came with the plastic spacers 3 years ago. Be very careful while washing around the dash/inner fairing area, DON'T bump upwards on the rear, outer edges of the windshield, bad things can happen to the windshield. Ask me not how I know this :roll:

I got it for what I thought was a pretty good deal, $49.95 along with my PC II for $239.00 from a place out in CA.

Yeah, I could've kept the centerstand, they even have the bracket for the bumper. I wanted it off though.

I like the way it cleans up the look of the underside, and i'm sure the weight reduction is worth something, however, for some things I wish I still had it on there.

How hard was it to remove the center stand? what all do i need to do? I've only used the stand for chain maintnance but im sure i can sucker someone into spraying lube while i wheel it around. and it does look really nice with out it and removing it has save some serious weight and since i weight about 220 i can afford to drop the weight somewhere.

and its off! no kidding easy enough i feel foolish asking. I should have just taken ten seconds and stuck my head down there and looked around. The other question I have is it possible to lower the front end of a XX? I only want to go down an inch is it possible to slide the forks up threw the triple? i dont want to use straps cause that seems a little too ghetto i want something a little more permanant looking.