CBR1100XX.org Forum

Manual & Headlights - Something's not right...

Ant

Has anyone scanned a copy of the original owner's handbook? I'd appreciate a copy or a link to one. I've already downloaded the Workshop manual. Cheers in advance guys.

Oh yes. Is this correct? - Low beam is the upper light and High beam the lower?

Seems wierd... Bought the bike recently and the upper light wasn't working - just got it back from the shop and I think the dick replaced the wires incorrectly...

Cheers again

Cheers for the quick reply :o

:shock: Well it just seemed strange....

Next thing is brighter bulbs! Can't see a damn thing!

Anyone know a link for the Owner's manual (or someone willing to scan it! :lol: )

You might check the aim of the light. There was an article someplace on here that I can't seem to locate that talked about how high the cutoff of the low beam should be on a wall 15 or so feet in front of the bike. I checked my stock light and it was at least 2 inches low. After adjusting this to the number in the post I can't find the light was much more effective, even with the standard headlights.

Anyone else remember the post I'm thinking of ?

Cheers for the advice with the lights guys. I saw the article you referred to and adjusted the height with a slight improvement in coverage.

However, the high beam just seems to brighten the road immediately ahead of you, not further down the road as you'd think it would...