CBR1100XX.org Forum

My bird is not charging?

mesenger1

Is there any other alternative for a stator/alternator from H :?: onda?

My bird is not charging any more, I keep charging the batery.

I have never open the bird, do I need only the stator or do I have to get the rotor also? Where do I go for non Honda parts?

Thanks in advance for you input.

Messengeer1

I have a similar problem with my '97 Bird.

I have tested the charge rate and it seems within spec. The battery runs down if I leave the bike parked and don't use it for a couple of days.

Funny thing is, if I bump start it it seems to start fine, the plug on the regulator isn't burned at all (no blackening caused by heat), and it seems to charge fine. The battery is new (but may be a dud - dunno about that part yet - will have to get it tested by an autoelec I guess)

So I charge the battery on a trickle if I leave the bike for more than 2 or 3 days and that keeps me going - a crap compromise due to my laziness I guess.

Mesengeer1,

I just went through what you are describing. I checked the charging system as described in the manual, the bike would not charge the battery "at times" after push starting it would run fine all day long but wasn't charging the battery. Turned out the stator was bad, even though it tested ok according to the manual specs. I have a new rectifer, I'll sell it to you for what I paid plus shipping, good luck.

Stator part #31120-MAT-E01 $165.84

Cover gasket #11392-MAT-000 $6.93

Rec/Reg. #31600-MAT-E01 $109.81

I got my parts from Ron Ayers