CBR1100XX.org Forum

Headlight question for our UK members

Guest rockmeupto125

Guest rockmeupto125

Do all of your headlights have parking lamps in the bottom? If so, does anyone have a picture of the mount, and what bulbs are used?

BTW, yes I'm in Indiana, but when TZboy got the headlight to fix the 'bird before I bought it, he got it from Europe... along with the upper tripple that I believe you (joe) have for the regular bars instead of clip-ons that he got from Japan... Seemed to get a lot of stuff from overseas' eBay...

Mike

It's not just the English bikes, but all over Europe.....

It is just in the USA (and maybe Canada) they don't have them. Also you can not switch the (head)lights on and off.....

I don't know why that is. It is rather stupid, because it will kill your battery a lot sooner.... And makes starting a bike with a bad battery a lot worse.... Is it possible for a USA bike to do a jumpstart? We can: in 6 feet the bike is running again....

I'm guessing I'm being ignored. I've had it running when I pulled over to help someone on the highway. They said that they could see it from a mile back and thats how they knew where we were. He laughs and says it's brighter than his system (no light bar, ghost car). That was it, tow truck shows up, I turn mine off since a warning wasn't required at this point. I don't drive down the road with it on unless I'm in a parade or something (did at Americade).