CBR1100XX.org Forum

Performance Expectations

Cossi

Ok........so how big IS the tank on the '98,

5 gallons, IIRC. Although, since you're running out regularly, you'd know better than I would :lol:

Yes, we're talking EFI bikes that are getting around 200 miles per tank, but those numbers are a little optimistic on some bikes, and depends on how it's used.

And Lars is right, the carb'd bikes get better mileage. That is, however, until you jet them. :wink:

Yes, we're talking EFI bikes that are getting around 200 miles per tank, but those numbers are a little optimistic on some bikes, and depends on how it's used.

Ok........so 200 mpt on the efi models w/ 6 gallon tanks comes out to about 33 mpg, right? I thought I kept reading 40 mpg was normal range to expect if she was running right.

200 mpt on the carbed models w/ 5 gallon tanks would come out to 40 mpg. Sorry.......I'm a little confused :shock:

We work in Liters here in South Africa, so the numbers might not be 100% correct.

On a 23 Liter tank, when I've used +- 20 liters, I will have driven 394 km.

Like I said. it is a 2002 FI Model, and I do try and keep it under 5k between 1 and 5th gear, open it up a bit on 6th gear.

I get these results while sitting at 180Kph to 200Kph. Please note that my daily route takes me by highway straight to my work, and it is +- 33km stretch.

This work out to between 17km per liter and 19km per liter usage.

Nothing else has been done to the bike to achieve this, It really does depend a lot on your riding style. If you are going to gun it from stop street to stop street, and try and chase everything on the road, then you will be using a lot more.

Just put Scorpion Slip-ons w/PCIII custom map at the shop. Chart said about 138rwhp now up from 130. On only my first fill-up since the mods but so far my mileage seems to be improving...I'm at 100 mi on this tank and only lost 3 bars so far.

As for performance.....all I know is bike runs smoother than it did before....no jerking at all. Sounds fucking incredible and feels a bit more responsive. Custom map was expensive as shit...$275.....just for the service but damn my Bird runs better now. Also got Ohlins 1.05s up front too. 8) The Bird ran good stock but no freakin' comparison now....MUCH better!

Barry can you please check the total distance driven on your 2002. I've noticed that after the third bar has gone down, the rest falls pretty quickly, and the bike ends up showing empty after just 15 to 16 Liters. (+-4.22 Galons). i then still get another 100 to 150km before I get shit scared, and have to refuel... that's +- 90 miles.

Just asking to see if this is a 2002 model problem or if I have this problem on my bike. Not that I'm too worried about that, have gotten to know the bike pretty well.

My '97 gives me around 290km at the point where the reserve light comes on when I drive normally (I do the 80km dash to work in 30 minutes, door to door) and around 250km when I play with other riders

The best I have ever had is around 340km to the point where the bike was juddering, and it took 21.3 liters (out of a max potential of 22!)

decided to fill at the warning light from that point on :shock:

oh, yes... stock pipes, no PC, K&N airfilter