CBR1100XX.org Forum

PC III Map for Akrapovic 4-2-1 "03 needed

Warpster

Does anyone have or can direct me to a PC III map for my 03 bird with a full 4-2-1 Akrapovic exhaust. There are some 4-2-1 maps out there but I was looking specifically for the AK. Otherwise please offer any suggestions on a good 4-2-1 map......thanks guys

Like I said in another post " next thing you know you'll be looking for more power" Quit trying to copy me you slow, no shifting, 280 lb. looonnnnggg, warped, beer drinking, crazy mutha fucker! :twisted: :twisted:

Dave

BTW: Bald is beautiful!

nice tank pad ya copycat whore. Next you'll jonesin for 4-2-1 AK. Good ride yesterday my friend....

Good ride yesterday my friend....

Fuckers not working out riding during the day...... I coulda been out riding but NOOOOO I had to go make money.

Good luck getting your map, Paul. The one that was in my PC3 for the Two Brothers kicks ass, I left it when I put on the stock header and the Migs, and it still has the same feel to it.

If you want it, I'll bring my work laptop home and we can transfer it this weekend.

So whats next??? First one to get nawss?

Rich, long time no hear? Thought you would call so I could help with the suspension and exhaust?

Ride was good! Wheelie at Devils lake was fun also!

Rich's map sounds like just what U need.

Paul, can U still give me a lift on Tuesday morning?

Dave

Got the exhaust and suspension done without too much fanfare, just took a while. Was FOOKING hot, but I made good progress, just took a bit.

Tomorrow AM I'm gonna replace the studs and nuts that hold the exhaust on the head (the ones on the bike were less than perfect), and probably drop in my race techs... they got here today 8)

Paul, I didn't bring my laptop home, but if you have one, Saturday after the bikes back together I can ride over and we can do it at your place.

I won't have my new 4-2-1 till next week so no big hurry on the map although I do appreciate it. Hope the work goes well on the new ride. So did you get a duplicate? Silver 02 or did you get the fast color....black?

Dave, I will take you to the airport on tuesday, I need to borrow your ladder......

I have jobs booked all week so no riding for me........unless the lottery gods smile kindly on my broke ass!!

See ya

Same bike, less miles.

Now has everything on it the old bike had but the miles ;)

Does anyone have or can direct me to a PC III map for my 03 bird with a full 4-2-1 Akrapovic exhaust.

Try PM'ing Alphabird. He's not on here much anymore, but he had his professionally mapped with the full Akra system.

Worth a shot, anyway. :)

I'm using Dynojets map that come on the CD with the PC3... also available for download from their web site - it's near perfect IMHO tho could do with a little tweaking down low.

I am buying alpha's AK. He says the pcIII has intermitant problems. Mostly fuel starving issues. I have asked the guy at fuelmotousa.com, here in WI to help find a map. PS he is a PC dealer>>>> about $240 for the bird. Great guy and great help with PC issues. Rich (hobicus) has offered his map that I will most likely try is Justin at fuelmoto can't help.......Someone from the Euro board said go have a custom map made>>>>no fuckin clue how or where to do dat der hey>>WI talk

no fuckin clue how or where to do dat der hey

Go back to da Yuper!!

Seriously... Motorcyle Performance here in town can have one done for you, as can Suters.

I called Suters... and they wanted $350 or something like that to put it on a dyno. I told them no thanks. If you call Motorcycle Performance.. let me know what their going rate is to tune a power commander. I'd be interested, and of course would share my map with other Mig owners. Hell.. I'd split the cost with someone..... ;)

Oh.. and Paul... I have spare exhaust gaskets if you need them. Are you mounting the exhaust yourself, or having Joe do it?

Since people pay to have the maps made couldn't we start a pool of maps for different years/performance mods?

Would be nice to be able to try a few maps to see what they do any take the best parts from each. I could even host it if it's required....

FYI: Motorcycle Performance here in Madison can build a map for me for $65/hr, he expects it's a 2 to 3 hour job.

My guess is he would do the same for you, Paul.

Since you started dyno talk, I think I have to share my recent experience.

Last year (check previous posts) I installed Termignoni slip ons and a PC3USB with an O2 eliminator and had my bird custom mapped on a Dynojet 150. Result was about 147 RWHP.

This year my dyno shop upgraded their dyno to 250 model.

From what I've been told from the shop, whith this dyno the operator selects an air/fuel ratio, then performs the test runs (with various throttle opennings) and the map comes out almost automatically

My operator said that there is no need to recheck the map since he was sure that he have done a pretty good job on the first time.

However I insisted so he rechecked the bike.

Result was 140 RWHP. The operator said that my original map was ok and he changed almost nothing. The A/F was set between 13 to 13.5 to 1 (he said you can afford to run towards lean with a Honda, for other brands he runs at about 12.5:1 for safety).

Ok, so why is the 7 RWHP difference you might (surely) ask?

According to my operator this is due to 2 reasons:

1) the 250 model has more rotating parts like the eddy current brake(that makes possible to map the engine under load at steady speed - most usefull in race bikes) and all the bikes above 120 RWHP are consistently down 2 horses in relation to model 150. As I said this affects only the powerfull bikes and Dynojet is aware.

2) Last year my rear tire was a Dunlop D205 (OEM), this year I had a Michelin Pilot Power on , admittedly a much stickier tire. What happens with sticky tires is that they are geting glued to the dyno drum. My operator has observed differences up to 5 RWHP between tires on the same bike.

So, do you have any similar info?

The map pool is not a bad idea and I am sure that soon we will have hundreds of maps to play.