CBR1100XX.org Forum

Connection for PCIII

Bob the Fish

If you are referring to the point it connects on the bike...it is under the seat at the back and below the fuel tank area. It is a fairly large and unique plug that separates to patch the PC into the line...connectors will only mate one way.

If you are referring to the "programming" plug...it is covered with a hard rubber/plastic plug on the side/rear of the PC itself.

Hope this helps some... :D

Warp,

Thanks. Yeah, it's the connection to the bike that threw me. I watched the installation video on the CD that comes with the kit and expected the cable connection to be obvious. I poked around under the seat for a while but couldn't find anything that looked like the cables on the PCIII. The real pain is that the garage where I keep my bike doesn't allow me to work on it there, so I'm trying to do this in the street in front of my apartment.

So, when you say "under the seat, at the back" are you referring to the area behind the tool kit, or further back in the tail?

No, not that far back. Once you pull the seat off, it is under the rear of the fuel tank. It may be tied/bundled with other harnesses and small connectors. The one you are looking for is a pretty large multipin connector that is about an inch in diameter. It is almost right underneath the rear bolts on the fuel tank.

XXBird,

Yeah, that was the problem, I bought it from from a third party and it didn't have the documentation for the XX. And I don't have a shop manual yet. Thanks for the photo's. The plugs are easy enough to identify, it was locating them that's been the problem. If I understand what you're saying by "prop up the fuel tank" is that I have to detach the tank in order to find the plug. Cool, another project for the weekend. Thanks again for your help.

Just the rear of the tank. Undo two bolts which are exposed when you remove the seat and lift the rear of the tank up about 4-5 inches. If you have the original toolset, one of the tools you can use to keep it up like that. There is a little groove where the bolts are to prevent it from sliding out. The only other connection is the ground so it is easy to so. Good luck.