CBR1100XX.org Forum

throttlemeister cruise control

OKblackbird

:) Recently purschased 1100xx and cannot get the throttlemeister cruise control to work properly. The company says they only make one size friction sleeve ( the rubber fitting that goes over the bar). The friction sleeve that is currently in place is oversized for the bar and I have used electrical tape to take up the slack. :x Is there really only one size friction sleeve? Also with the friction sleeve secured in place the throttle still backs off and the friction sleeve is not moving. What is the proper way to shim the cruise control. :roll: Any help would be appreciated.

The bike is a carbed 97 with a K&N filter, stock pipes and jets everymorning it has to be choked regardless if it is 100+ degrees is this normal or is there a lean-rich condition present should I be concerned. The altitude is 460ft less than where it was purchased.

I just re-fitted my Throttlemeister this weekend. Yea, there's only one size friction sleeve. It fits under the grips, and over the end of the loose portion of the throttle.

When I get home from work, I'll take pictures, my guess is you're just doing something not quite right.

Try this. Move the bar end to the "full open" position. Loosen up the bolt holding it. Tap the end of the allen wrench a bit (pushing the whole set "in"). Tighten the bolt and check if it changed anything..... (repeat if neccessary....)

You said the friction sleve is not slipping on the throttle tube, right ?

Cheers,