CBR1100XX.org Forum

K@N airfliter display at Advance Auto.

Pete in PA

Has anybody seen the display at Advance Auto?

It's for cars, but shows how much more air the K@N flows then a Fram fliter. Convinced me. Flows the same as with no filter in place.

I'm just wondering what happens with my 99 Monte Carlo if I get one. Will the FI inject more gas in closed loop mode, and can it compensate enough? Will this give more power AND mileage or not?

Or will It just set my check engine light and put a code in my computer?

K&N's definitely worked. I had one in my old copcar and it picked up a tenth at the dragstrip just with a filter change. I've had one in my Firebird Formula since I bought it from the previous owner, and have since had to clean it. I bought a paper filter so I could clean the K&N and still drive the car. The one day I had that paper filter in was the only day I had that paper filter in. It makes a big difference on my car, but my car makes 450 HP on the gas so it sucks a LOT of air in. The more HP you have, the more difference it makes in drivability.

Can't help you on the gas mileage question. Formulas are not anywhere in the neighborhood of "pocketbook friendly" in the fuel mileage department!