CBR1100XX.org Forum

PC 2 wont communicate! Help!

davesXX01

Hey all, I got a PC2 and am trying to get my laptop (XP) to load in a different program. I have a USB - Serial adapter and it communicates just fine with my Magellan GPS. I contacted Dynojet and they were no help at all saying it was a software problem, not their unit.

My screen sez com 1 opened but powercommander not found? Yes, I have the bike on and the led on the PC2 goes up and down with the throttle opening.

Any thoughts, clues?

Thanks

Dave

your usb port will not be com1 mine is like com7 but set the port at auto and it will locate where it is

i have a serial to usb for my delorme gps and it will not work had to buy another and it will .

not sure why but i also tried another and it would not work,took it back

the one that works is" inside out networks" edgeport serial to usb adapter

Haaaahaaaa.... haaa.... ha...

No that's not funny I know.

I had the same problem....

HAVE the same problem.... never did get it to work.

Fuckin piece of SHIT pisses me right off.... FUCKING HOURS AND HOURS OF WORK FOR...... NOTHING!

JUST SAY FUCK IT....... AND GO FOR A RIDE!

:twisted:

All else fails you can pick up an older Palm and use it to load maps. It needs to have a 9 pin serial port cable or cradle, and you'll need Dynojets's adapter, but it'll work. You can get old Palm III's for $20-$25 all day on ebay.

Load the maps on the Palm with your computer, load them in the PCII with the Palm.

You won't be able to run the Dynojet software realtime like on a laptop, or modify the map, but you can load them this way.

Dave.... I can look at it with you this weekend, we'll figure it out.

I'll probably have my laptop home from work this weekend anyways, I'll be loading the Mig maps into my new Bird, and will need your help while I mount the exhaust header... Whatcha doing Friday afternoon???

New 'Bird? I missed something. What did you get?

Sorta totaled my other one...

http://www.cbr1100xxforums.org/forum/viewt...pic.php?t=22719

But I'm picking up HgXX's on Friday... 8)

I had the exact same result with a USB to Serial converter. The converter works perfectly fine

with my Palm for Autosync, etc. Palm software, but will not work with the PC software; I can't get

PC software to talk to the Palm nor the PC. PC tech support was of little help and I was never able

to get it to work.

Freaking software issue :( is all I can figure. This is my second USB-Serial converter for this laptop.

I went ahead and borrowed a friends old IBM thinkpad and will try that next (it has built in serial port !)

Rich, congrats on the new bike!

Dave

Well, that didn't work.....But Warpster stoped by and he had a serial port on his Dell laptop so off we went to his house and shure enough it worked!

Downloaded the 93 octane with stock exhaust and it made a world of difference! Bike is a lot snappier now.

Dave

Snappier, fucking thing runs like a Repsol, very impressed!!

Rich I can help you Friday for sure......let me know!