CBR1100XX.org Forum

Anyone have a frame for a 99XX?

Hairbear

Haven't been around for a while...been busy with family stuff.

Most of you know that at last years NEXXT I sort of bounced my XX off of a guardrail and did some damage to her.

I thought that I got away easy and just needed a front end and some body parts. Turns out that the impact actually broke part of the lower steering stem....where the lower bearings race seats in the frame. I hit so hard that it left 4 large dipples in the stem from the lower bearing.

I have a excellent machinist and welder for friends...so we may try and may a adapter to take the place where the lower bearing mounts.

If this doesn't work.......

I'll need a new frame!!!

Anyone out there have a good frame that they don't need?

For a 99' of course.

thanx tom

Guest rockmeupto125

Hey, Tom. Good to hear from you. Any chance you could just put some weld in the dimples and machine it back to spec?

Talk to Joe (speedygeezer).

He had a similar issue with one pretty recently, and had it remedied with a welder. :D

Thanx for the heads up Chris!

I'm thinking about filling in the broken section with weld....then somehow grinding the squared edge(where the rcae seats) back into the frame.

Just not sure yet how to go about getting the edge close to square again.

Maybe a dremil..or a die grinder.

Worst part about this is.....I'm more pissed that I have to remove the front cowl to get at it easier, than actually having to fix the frame. :lol:

thanx

tom