CBR1100XX.org Forum

Problems Fitting A PowerBronze Hugger

Tipi

I have just bought a powerbronze hugger for my bird and was amazed that the fit was nowhere near. When it was bolted on i found that the chain guard side of the hugger was pressing hard on the tyre wall and the otherside was about 3 inches away from the tyre, i looked to see if there was any adjustment to solve this but to no avail. I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem with this make, also can anyone tell me what make i should buy which i can rely on a perfect fit.

Many Thanks

Chris

I must admit i was suprised of the poor fit, i bought a powerbronze for my previous bike and it went on straight away which made me go for that make for the blackbird. All of the instructions and the label on the hugger itself says its for a "CBR1100XX" i suppose something could have gone pearshaped at the factory with the labeling. After looking at the forum it seems most of you rate the Pyramid ones for fit and quality so i think i will look at getting one.

Chris

Powerbronze make very good quality products (I.M.O.) but like any plastic product, there can be a defect.

Perhaps you could measure across the bottom of the hugger and contact the dealer you purchased it from to verify fitment to your year & model.